Under the direction of the Central Bank of the UAE, customers must update their latest Emirates ID details. Therefore, if you recently renewed your Emirates ID, it is important for you to update that information, to continue to have access to your bank’s services.
Updating your Emirates ID through online banking is straightforward. All you need to do is log in with online banking details and click on your profile. Under your profile section, you have the option to upload your renewed Emirates ID or passport. You can either upload a scanned copy or digital version of the Emirates ID, which is in a PDF format.
If you are asked to update your Emirates ID to your bank account, the procedure is simple.
Here is a list of all the different ways in which banks allow their customers to update their KYC details without you going to the bank.
- Through the Mobile Application
- Through the ATM
- Through Other Methods
Please check first with your bank which of the following options are being offered by your bank, to find which one works best for you.
1. Through the Mobile Application:
- Log into your account through the mobile application
- Visit your profile
- Select the option to update your identification details
- Scan your Emirates Id front and back on the app
You will get a notification that your Emirates ID has been updated and approved by the bank
2. Through the ATM:
- Visit the nearest ATM of your bank in your area
- Insert your debit or credit card into the ATM Machine
- Enter the pin or authentication code
- Select the request or profile section and tap on Emirates ID update
- Take out your credit or debit card and Insert your Emirates ID and collect the card
- The ATM will present your Emirates Id details your name and ID number
However, please note that you may also asked to key in an OTP ( depending on your bank) which will sent through an SMS to your registered mobile number.
3. Through Other Methods:
You can call your customer care service number and update your Emirates ID through the call centre agent or You can go to a bank’s branch with your original Emirates ID or a copy of the front and back of your renewed Emirates ID to complete the procedure.
What is Free Zone and Free Zone Visa in UAE? A free zone is a special economic zone where companies can operate and receive considerable tax and free exemptions. Free zone companies are treated as...
Only one Corporate Tax return will need to be filed per financial period. No provisional or advance Corporate Tax filings will be required. The deadline to submit the return will be stated in the...