Is it required to take the medical test for UAE Residence Visa?
Yes, it is mandatory for all the expatriates seeking to obtain work permits or residence visas in UAE to be certified as medically fit and free of contagious diseases. To ensure this, foreign nationals must provide proof in the form of medical reports from medical examination centers in the UAE.
In order for the UAE to grant or renew a residence visa for all expatriates, males and females, have to undergo and pass medical fitness tests at government approved health centres in the UAE.
If you are applying visit visa or tourist visa or in case if you want to renew the same , you would not need to get a medical test done.
The standard medical Test involves screening for communicable diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, leprosy, syphilis, and tuberculosis to ensure the UAE community health.
The required Medical Test for UAE residence Visa and what happens during the medical test
- HIV (by testing their blood) and;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis (by taking an x-ray of their chest).
Those found to be HIV positive or having tuberculosis will be considered medically unfit and therefore will not be granted a residence visa. They will be deported immediately by the UAE’s authorities back to their country of origin.
Residents who are detected with dormant or inactive pulmonary tuberculosis are also considered medically fit.
In this case, they are granted a one-year ‘Health Fitness Certificate for Residence’ subject to treatment and follow-up by the Department of Preventive Medicine or equivalent government health authority.
Hence, if you suspect to be suffering from a communicable disease it is advisable to get yourself tested in your home country first.
In addition, the following categories of workers should test negative for syphilis and Hepatitis B:
- Workers in nurseries
- Domestic workers including housemaids, nannies, and drivers
- Food handlers and workers in restaurants and cafes
- Workers in saloons and beauty centers
- Workers in health clubs
- Female domestic workers must test negative for pregnancy
A new Cabinet Resolution was passed in 2016. As per this resolution, all resident expatriates while renewing their residence visas have to undergo TB screening, too.
Those found with scars or active TB or found having drug-resistant TB will be issued a conditional fitness certificate and be issued residence visa for one year. They will then have to undergo treatment in the UAE.
Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap)manages medical tests in Northern Emirates- Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaima, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain.
The cost for the test can vary depending on how quickly you would like to get the test done.
Fee applicable for the medical test for UAE Residence Visa
- All categories (excluding vaccination and female household domestic service) AED 260
- All categories (including vaccination ) AED 310
- Female household domestic services AED 360
- For a medical examination at centres for shopping malls, service charge AED 110 including VAT is charged
- For a medical examination at the Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap) Preventive Medicine Departments a service charge AED 105 is charged
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi , HAAD : Residence visa medical check up certificate AED 250
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (for specific categories) AED 50
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) : These are the prices charged by Typing Centre:
- Normal fees 322.5 AED ( within 5 working days)
- AED 432.5 ( within 48 hours)
- AED 532.5 ( within 24 hours)
- AED 752.5 ( within 4 hours) which is for VIP applications.
- Normal fees 372.5 AED ( within 5 working days) for housemaid visa
- AED 482.5 ( within 48 hours) for housemaid visa
- AED 582.5 ( within 24 hours) for housemaid visa
- AED 802.5 ( within 4 hours) which is for VIP applications for housemaid visa
Documents Required to get the medical test done for UAE Residence Visa
You must submit the following documents to the medical fitness during your medical test procedure:
- Valid Passport Copy.
- Valid Residence Permit/Visa Copy.
- 2 Passport size photograph with white background.
- Valid Emirates ID copy (only for renewal of residence visa)
You may also visit:
FQA-Frequently Asked Questions on Medical Test for UAE Visa:
What medical tests are done for UAE visa?
HIV (by testing their blood) and;
Pulmonary tuberculosis (by taking an x-ray of their chest)
syphilis and Hepatitis B for domestic workers
What are the documents required for UAE medical test?
Valid Residence Visa
2 Passport Size Photographs
Valid Emirates ID Application (only for renewal of residence visa)
How long does UAE medical results take?
If you choose Normal the results will be ready by 48 hours
If you choose Urgent it takes 24 hours and
If you choose VIP the results will be ready by 4 to 5 hours.
How many days will take for visa stamping after medical in UAE?
Once you have the medical test result your visa can be stamped immediately
What happens if UAE medical test fails?
An individual with a failed medical test in the UAE is denied a visa and is returned to their country, while someone with an existing visa renewal must treat here in the UAE.
How can I check my visa medical result in Dubai?
You can check your medical fitness report in Dubai through the DHA Smart App
How much does it cost for medical test in UAE?
Regular AED 320
Urgent AED 430
VIP AED 750
Where can I do medical test in Dubai?
You may visit the below link :
Training and Employment of Students in UAE Training of Students in UAE As per the latest Ministerial Decree on the Regulations and conditions of Training and Employment of Students any...
What does the New UAE Labour Law says about Employment of Juveniles? Juveniles have been provided with a special treatment under UAE Labour Law. According to Article 5 of the UAE Labour Law,...