It is always best to apply for having your own personal phone number linked to your Emirates ID. Many of the cases your Emirates ID’s are linked to the phone numbers of your organisation’s HR or the PRO.
To update your mobile number which is linked to your Emirates ID, ICA offers Smart Services online where you can do so, without having to visit the Federal Authority.
Step 1: Visit the smart services website and enter details of your request :
You will be required to fill in the following details:
- Current Nationality – Select your nationality from a dropdown menu as mentioned in your Emirates ID
- File Type – The file number is printed on your residence visa, which is stamped in your passport. While filling out the form, you will see the file number slots contain the following sections: department; year; service; sequence.
- Under the first category, ‘Department’, you would need to fill in the three digit code that your file number starts with.
- Under ‘Year’, fill in the following four digits of your file number. This is the year that your visa was first issued.
- Under ‘category’, fill in the first digit of the last part of your file number.
- Under ‘Sequence’ fill in the remaining digits.
- Passport No. – Enter your passport number here.
- Name (English) – Fill in your name exactly like it is printed on your Emirates ID.
- Name (Arabic) – The system will automatically generate the Arabic version of your name.
- Date of Birth – select the exact date from the calendar menu.
- Last Entry Date – this should be the last entry stamp on your passport, for when you entered the borders of the UAE.
- Email – provide your email address here.
- Once you complete the form, another form will pop up right below it, where you need to enter your mobile number and a valid address
- Check the box for your current mobile number, as registered with ICA.
- Enter the new mobile number. You will then receive a one-time password on the new number, which you need to enter into the form.
- Select the captcha verification and proceed.
Step 2: Review application:
You can review the application and all your details updated. Please ensure the details updated are accurate. In case, if you wish to make any changes you can return to step 1 to do so. Once you confirm the details please proceed to the final step.
Step 3: Make the payment:
You will directed to the page you can complete your payment. Currently, the complete charge for updating your details is Dh52.10.
After completing this procedure, you will receive an email that will have an invoice for the payment. If the application is rejected, you will receive a refund.
Once the mobile number registered to your Emirates ID has been updated, you can then conveniently use all the government smart services that are available to citizens and residents, and which may require you to register using your Emirates ID.
For any further assistance, you can reach out to the ICA’s 24×7 hotline – 600 522222.
What is Free Zone and Free Zone Visa in UAE? A free zone is a special economic zone where companies can operate and receive considerable tax and free exemptions. Free zone companies are treated as...
Only one Corporate Tax return will need to be filed per financial period. No provisional or advance Corporate Tax filings will be required. The deadline to submit the return will be stated in the...