As per the ICP or Federal Authority For Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security, all UAE and GCC citizens and expatriate residents, who failed to get their Emirates ID cards or the ID cards of those under their sponsorship issued or renewed in the stipulated timeframe, can apply for exemption from late fines . However, there are certain criteria you must meet.
You can apply for the exemption from late fines if you fulfil one of the criteria:
- If you are lived outside the UAE for more than three months
- If you are a resident whose residency expired while abroad
- If you are a resident whose ID card validity expired after you departed from the UAE.
In the above cases you must provide a valid travel document to verify your stay.
- If your ID card validity expired while abroad as a result of an executive or judicial decree or passport is detained in a case or due to its renewal . You must provide the official letter from the respective authorities.
- If the person is bed-ridden or suffering from a contagious disease or partial or full disability. In this case you must provide a medical certificate issued by medical authorities.
- The staff of diplomatic or consular missions in the country and those under their care.
- Elderly people above the age of 70 who are unable to visit the customer services centres –In this case you must furnish passport or birth certificate proving their age.
- Delays in the registration or issuance of an ID card on account of errors of documentation or due to the Emirates ID’s systems or one of its staff members or typing offices assigned by it.
- People subject to social security and those under their sponsorship. They have to prove their status with an official certificate issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs or other relevant authorities.
- A person for whom the ID card was not issued during the period before he obtained UAE citizenship or family book.
In order to apply for an extension you must need:
- ID card number
- Contact information (an active mobile number and email address)
- A valid original passport
- A valid original entry permitValid original residence visa
- Evidence supporting the customer request – this means that you have failed to get your Emirates ID renewed due to a valid reason.
Holder of the Emirates ID can file for the exemption through :
- Customer Happiness Centers
- Smart Services – icp.gov.ae or ICP Smart application by log in to the system using your UAE Pass or by creating an account with the website or app.
- Typing Centers.
What is Free Zone and Free Zone Visa in UAE? A free zone is a special economic zone where companies can operate and receive considerable tax and free exemptions. Free zone companies are treated as...
Only one Corporate Tax return will need to be filed per financial period. No provisional or advance Corporate Tax filings will be required. The deadline to submit the return will be stated in the...