If you are planning to visit UAE for a tourist purpose or to visit your relative or friends, you need to have relevant visa which must be applied in advance before your travel. However, in some cases you may not need to apply for a tourist visa in advance as some nationals can get the tourist visa on arrival.
Your tourist visa can be issued by:
- The Airline : In this case the airline may ask you to book the ticket when applying for tourist visa with them. However, each airline has some conditions, which must be met for your visa to be arranged by them.
- The Licensed Travel Agents and Hotels in the UAE: They can arrange you the tourist visa provided you have the hotel reservation booking and purchased ticket with them.
- As per the VisitDubai website, UAE residents (friends or relatives) can apply on your behalf subject to guidelines.
What are the requirements to have Tourist Visa in UAE?
Nationals of some countries get a visa on arrival in Dubai. You would need to ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months at the time of entry. You may also need to apply for your tourist visa in advance, depending on your nationality.
All visas are valid for 60 days from the date of issue until entry to the UAE, except the 48-hour and 96-hour Transit Visa, which is valid for 30 days.
Does UAE give visa on arrival?
Citizens of more than 50 countries do not require a pre-arranged visa to enter Dubai. As per the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), citizens of GCC countries and citizens of the following countries can get a visa on arrival:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- The Vatican
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Some Indian citizens may also be eligible for a visa on arrival. This includes Indian citizens holding a normal passport and either:
- a visit visa issued by the USA ora green card issued by the USA ora residence visa issued by the UK ora residence visa issued by the EU
In such cases, you can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days, provided that the visa or the green card is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival into the UAE.
How long is a UAE Tourist Visa valid?
The tourist visa is valid for 30 or 90 days . Depending on your plan, tourist visas to the UAE can be issued for 30-days or 90-day durations and allow single entry or multiple entries.
Can You extend Your UAE Visit or Tourist visa?
While the first time you apply for a visit visa you may not be inside the UAE, when extending the visa for another period of 30 or 90 days, you would need to apply for an inside country visa change and the visa can be extended by providing the necessary documents and making the fee payment.
Documents required for processing inside the country visa change:
- Passport copy (which should be valid for at least six months)
- Passport size photograph
- Old visa tourist/cancelled visa copy
- On arrival nationalities would only require Passport copy and photograph if they have entered UAE using on-arrival facility.
- If the visa was applied for by a relative or friend, they may need to submit a copy of their residence visa page and UID number.
How much is Tourist Visa Cost in UAE?
The tourist visas can cost :
- One month tourist visa -approximately AED 320
- Three months tourist visa – approximately AED 700
If you are inside the UAE and are applying for a new visa, the cost for a one-month would be AED 960 and a three-month visa would cost AED 1,250.
Do you need a Visa to Transit through UAE?
If you are planning to stopping over in the UAE during a long-haul flight, you might want to step out of the airport to explore the country you have a option to apply for a transit visa in UAE.
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai provides the following list of countries whose citizens can get a visa on arrival in the UAE:
10. Czech Republic
17. Hong Kong
31. New Zealand
37. San Marino
41. South Korea
45. The Vatican
46. United Kingdom
47. United States of America
Additionally, Indian citizens that are holders of:
• A visit visa issued by the USA or
• A green card issued by the USA or
• A residence visa issued by the UK or
• A residence visa issued by the European Union
This type of a visa, which is available for all passport holders, from 48 to 96 hours, is ideal for a short stopover in the UAE.
The transit visas for 48 hours are issued free of charge to passengers transiting through the UAE’s airports. You need to apply for the visa in advance through a UAE-based airline. This visa is not extendable, or renewable. The validity of the visa is 48 hours from entry into the UAE, and you must leave the UAE within 48 hours from arrival.
If you want to have a slightly more extended stay in the UAE, a transit visa for 96 hours and must be applied in advance through a UAE based airline. This visa is not extendable, or renewable. The validity of the visa is 96 hours from entry into the UAE, and you must leave the UAE within 96 hours from arrival. This visa is issued for a fee of AED 50 to passengers transiting through the UAE’s airports.
In order to get your transit visa you need to present to the immigration counter:
- A passport or travel document with a minimum validity of three months.
- A passport size photograph against a white background.
- An onward ticket booking to a third destination, other than the one you are coming from.
How Can you Apply for a UAE Transit Visa?
You can get the transit visa by Visiting the airline’s website or service centre.
- Complete your ticket bookings.
- Visit the airline’s website and select your ticket booking.
- You will receive the option for ‘Apply for transit visa’. You need to ensure that you are applying for a transit visa with the same airline that you are flying, as itineraries that include flights from other carriers will not be accepted. Also, the itinerary into and out of the UAE airport should be on one ticket (PNR), with the stay in the UAE being within the visa duration.
- Once you have made the payment for your transit visa, it will be issued by the airlines
The departure fee of AED 30 is levied on each passenger passing through the UAE’s airports.
How can You get 5-year Multiple Visa in UAE?
If you are looking to visit the UAE regularly over the next few years, a new visa option has opened for tourists. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has provided details of the five-year multiple entry tourist visa for all nationalities through the authority’s website.Tourists can apply for the visa on self-sponsorship and can stay for 90 days on each visit and can be extended for another 90 days.
The application fee is would be approximate AED 650.
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...