Before you sign an employment contract it is very important to understand the terms and conditions or the details of your employment contract whether it is adhering to the UAE’s Labour Law. Employment Contract should be signed by both the employer and the employee, in the event that the employee chooses to accept the position which outlines the basics of the employment relationships.
Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) has issued several Ministerial Resolutions or decrees, which provide further details on the various situations and special conditions related to the implementation of the law.
As per The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation your employment contract should include the complete information of :
- Employer’s name and address
- Employee’s name, nationality, date of birth, qualification and the job or occupation
- Commencement date and the workplace
- The working hours, and the rest days
- The probationary period, if any.
- The term or the duration of the contract.
- The wage (including the benefits and allowances)
- The annual leave entitlements, the notice period.
- The procedures for terminating the employment contract and any other data determined by the Ministry in order to regulate the relationship between both parties.
As per the new Labour Law the employment contracts are renewable every three years or less, depending on the agreement of both parties. The extension will be added to the worker’s end-of-service gratuity.
The employment contracts may be changed from one work model to another provided :
- Approval of both the worker and the employer.
- Payment of all the entitlements arising from the original contract.
- Compliance with the procedures as set out by the Ministry.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...