Company formation in Dubai Design District (D3):
Dubai Design District was Launched in 2013 by the UAE’s Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid al Maktoum, to encourage growth and investment in markets like digital media, arts, design, and fashion. It is the latest of Free Zone business parks by TECOM Investments.
Dubai Design District is located closed to Down Town Dubai, Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. It is recognized as a global design and fashion hub with great potential for the luxury fashion and interior design industry.
Freelance permits can be obtained in the district as well, perfect for talented, ambitious artists and designers in building a reputation and working in an environment which supports growth and development.
D3 is home to many companies from startups to multinationals, small local boutique design studios to major fashion houses. This free zone promotes up and coming brands in fashion, retail and luxury (all of which is in great demand in Dubai and the UAE).
Company Structures at Dubai Design District (D3):
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of an existing company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
- Freelancer permits
Types of Licenses Available for Dubai Design District (D3) Company Registration:
- Event Management
- Interior Designing
- Beauty Care
Business Activities Permitted in Dubai Design District (D3):
- Design Consultancy
- Industrial Design
- Concept Design
- Graphic Design
- Art Gallery
- Sales Promotion
- Fashion Design Consultancy
- Visual Merchandising
- Studio Space
- Sales and Marketing
- Direct Marketing
Facilities offered at Dubai Design District (D3):
- Retail Outlets
- Serviced Offices
- Virtual and Flexi Desks
Advantages of Company Set up in Dubai Design District (D3):
- Full ownership of companies
- The company set up process is easy, straightforward and fast.
- Excellent connectivity to all trading hubs in the region
- World-class infrastructure
- Networking opportunities
- Easy to sponsor dependants.
- Special licensing for design and fashion with freelance permits for artists and designers
- Ideal free zone for startup design freelancers
- 0% personal income tax
- 0% percent tax rate on income and profits for a period of 50 years from inception
- No currency restrictions
- Strategic location, close to Business Bay, Downtown Dubai, Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa
- No limit on capital repatriation
Documents Required to Register Company in Dubai Design District (D3):
- Company registration and licensing application form
- Profile details of shareholder(s)
- Passport copies and specimen signature of each director and general manager
- Original Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA)
- Board resolution for creating a free zone entity
- Detailed business plan
- Proof of share capital requirement
- Specimen signature of the manager and the director
- No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from residency visa sponsor
- All other free documentation to be completed at the time of business setup
Steps to be followed on registering the company in Dubai Design District (D3):
- Identify the legal form of company
- Decide on business activity from D3 activity list
- Get an initial approval from the authority
- Submit documents and pay fees
- Get an office space
- Apply for the UAE Residence Visa
- Open a Corporate Bank Account
Cost of setting up a company in Dubai Design District (D3):
The cost of the licence for business set up in Dubai Design District would start from approximate AED 20,000 however, it may depend on other requirement such as your location, business activities, company size and other operational costs.
To make it easier, once you have your business plan ready in your hand, you can always take help from the expert business setup consultants in Dubai UAE, who will help you with every step of the process, from choosing a business activity and company name to registering with the relevant authorities, easily opening corporate bank accounts and processing visa applications.
Loyalty Cards in Dubai In today's fast-paced world, who doesn't love a good deal? Saving money while shopping or dining out is a universal joy, and one of the best ways to do that is by using...
RTA Nol Card - Complete Guide Whether you are a resident of Dubai or a tourist visiting the city for the first time, public transportation is highly useful to get around the city. Dubai has quite...