No more physical labour cards and employment contracts!
Table of Contents
- No more physical labour cards and employment contracts!
MOL(Ministry of Labour) will begin to phase out physical labour cards and labour contracts in an effort to protect rights of the employee and employer. This process will be implemented for all renewals and new labour card issuance starting from July 13th 2014. This initiative is also helpful rather than carrying multiple cards in your wallet.
Humaid Bin Deemas Al Suwaidi, Assistant Undersecretary for Labour Affairs said that the new process will save time and effort for the employer who is applying. This process creates an integrated database with the MOI(Ministry of Interior) and EIDA(Emirates Identity Authority).
The new process will replace old physical labour cards and employment contracts. This new process would mean that the trips to post office to receive the labour card and employment contract will be reduced. Employer can now print the e-card and e-contract from MOL e-Netwasal systems online.
The fees for the labour contract and labour card will remain same as per the category of the company.
Hereafter, employees who have labour contracts issued through Ministry of Labour do not require to carry Labour Cards as it will be integrated with Emirates ID. Emirates ID will be considered official id document for all purposes. This change also means that, it will not be possible to obtain Emirates ID, UAE Residence Visa without the issuance of e-card and e-contract from MOL.
Procedure to apply for New e-labour card and e-employment contract
- The employer(company) first gets the initial approval for the work permit. This allows the worker(employee) to enter the country.
- Once the worker enters the country, the employer should apply for e-card and e-contract within 60 days from workers’ entry. Fine for non-compliance per instance will be AED 1000/- per month.
- Once the e-card and e-contract are issued, a copy is sent to Ministry of Interior, EIDA and General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- E-cards and e-contracts will be issued electronically within 48 hours of submitting the application.
The same procedure will apply for renewal of the existing labour cards.
What is in store in the near future?
It is highly likely that in the near future the below cards will be integrated with Emirates ID:
- Driver’s License,
- Insurance Card,
- Investor Card
- Social Security Card
- Emiratis’ Kholasit Qaid
- Health Card, Health Record, Health Insurance
- E-Purse, E-Wallet
- Commercial Applications
- Passport Information
- Detailed address and Contact information
Source: Gulf News
Never miss my awesome stuff !
Subscribe to get my latest content by email.