Extend Your UAE Visit Visa: New Rules and Costs Explained
Abu Dhabi’s Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) has stated that you can only extend a UAE visit visa once for an extra 30 days. This extension can be applied for online, and it costs Dh750.
If you have a visa to visit someone in the UAE, you can now extend it for 30 days, regardless of whether your original visa was for 30, 60, or 90 days. This decision was made by the UAE Cabinet and has been in effect for a few weeks.
Documents Required for the extension of UAE Visit Visa:
To extend your visa, you need to use the “UAEICP” smart application and provide
- your original entry permit
- a recent photo.
Your passport must also have at least six months of validity left.
Cost of extending UAE Visit Visa
The fee for extending a visit visa for 30 days is Dh750, which includes various charges like issuance fee, application fee, smart services fee, and an insurance and authority fee.
To be eligible for this service, you should be a relative or friend of someone living in the UAE, and you need to provide proof of your relationship and reasons for your visit.
If you make any mistakes or miss documents in your application, it may be rejected electronically after 30 days. You can get a refund of the fees you paid if your application is rejected, and this can be done through credit card, check, or bank transfer.
The UAE government is making it easier for residents to apply for visit visas for their relatives or friends through a user-friendly online application to improve customer service and meet the needs of various residents and foreigners in the country.
If you’re a tourist in the UAE and want to stay longer, you can extend your tourist visa, but you can only do it once for 30 days. This rule was decided by the UAE government.
How to Extend your UAE Visit Visa ?
To extend your UAE visit visa, here’s what you need to do:
- If a tourist agency initially issued your visa, you should contact them to request an extension.
- If your visit visa was sponsored by a relative or friend, they can go to a typing center registered with the ICP. These centers are located throughout the UAE. You can find their locations on this website: link.
- If you’re in Dubai, in addition to typing centers, you can visit an Amer center. These centers handle immigration applications for the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD). You can find the list of all Amer centers in Dubai here: link.
- Keep in mind that when you apply for an extension, it will only be granted once, and it will be for a one-month period, as per the latest information from the ICP.
- You can only extend your visa through the agency that initially applied for it. So, if a travel agency arranged your visa, you’ll need to go back to them for the extension.
- If you want to stay longer than that, you’ll have to leave the country and then apply for a new tourist visa to re-enter. Some travel agencies offer a service to help you do this, but it depends on the approval of your new visa application.
- Always stay within the timeframe of your visa to avoid legal problems due to overstaying.
Dubai Airport Rules: What Not to Bring for a Smooth Trip Getting ready for a trip through Dubai Airport? Be aware of the Banned items at Dubai Airport .Well, it's important to know the rules to...
Leaving Dubai Guide: Steps for a Stress-Free Transition Leaving Dubai or UAE can be tough, especially when your visa or work contract is ending. It needs careful planning, whether you're leaving...