Residents staying Outside UAE for 6 months:
If you have a valid UAE employment or residence visa and for some reason you have to stay outside the UAE continuously over six(6) months the visa will become invalid or expired.
During this time you may have following questions in your mind :
- How many days you can stay outside UAE?
- Will UAE visa gets Cancelled automatically after 6 months?
- Can I travel back to UAE after 6 months?
- What happens if UAE visa is not Cancelled?
- How many days I can stay outside UAE with residence visa?
- What if I am outside UAE for 6 months?
- who can stay out of UAE for over 6 months?
In the UAE, if you are a resident, holds a UAE residence or employment visa, needs to re-enter the country within six months of your exit out of the country. In the event the if you remains outside the UAE for more than six months, your UAE residency visa may become invalid. This is mentioned on the visa itself.
If you left the country without formally resigning, then your employer has the right to report you as absconding and request to cancel your visa without requesting your permission and without your passport . You may also face legal repercussions if you try to re-enter the UAE later.
However, it is possible to prevent the automatic cancellation of residence visa. If you have a valid residence from UAE and stay outside UAE for more than six months or 180 days continuously, provided that the visa is still valid it is possible to prevent the invalidation of residence visa. In this case, sponsor will have to apply for a new entry permit to enter the UAE again. This will help you in getting the visa validated and permit the visa holder to re-enter the UAE. The visa holder must enter Dubai within 14 days from the date of letter being issued.
Your employer may also cancel your residence/employment visa (after six months or 180 days) by submitting a work permit cancellation and a report obtained from the GDRFA.
You can apply visit or tourist visa only after your employer cancels your visa officially after six months of your departure from UAE.
Who can stay outside UAE for 6 months while maintaining the validity of the visa?
There are some exception to the rule, which allow residence visa holders to stay outside the UAE for more than six months while maintaining the validity of the visa: They include:
- Foreigner wife who is sponsored by her Emirati husband.
- Employees for a government body who are sent abroad for treatment provided they have a valid medical report approved by the Ministry of Health and Prevention or other approved health authorities in UAE.
- Servants accompanying UAE nationals delegated to study abroad.
- Domestic workers accompanying members of diplomatic and consular missions who represent the UAE abroad, employees of these missions who have a residence visa in the UAE,
- Public sector employees sent by their employer to attend training or specialised courses, employees at employers’ offices abroad and their families provided they have a valid residence visas in the UAE
- Expatriate students studying in universities or institutes abroad.
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...