The Remote work Visa or virtual work visa enables employees from all over the world to live and work remotely from the UAE even if their companies are based in another country. The new scheme aims to support the public and private sector, enhance the work-life balance, boost productivity and improve the business environment.
This one-year visa allows foreigners to enter the UAE under self-sponsorship and work in line with the terms conditions issued with the visa.
By the end of this article you will understand the procedure to get the Remote or virtual work visa for :
- Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah UAE (through ICA website)
- Dubai (Dubai Corporation of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM) website visitdubai.com)
Here is the simple process of obtaining remote or virtual work visa from any emirates Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah in the UAE :
- Step 1: Visit the ICA website – www.ica.gov.ae
- Step 2: Click on ‘E-channel Services’ from the main module on the website.
- Step 3: Select ‘Public services’.
- Step 4: Under the visa service, select Virtual Work Residency – People inside the country – Issue residence.
- Step 5: fill the required data including the name of the person who is applying for the visa and other details:
- Step 6: Attach the documents to complete the application process
- Step 7: Pay the fee after reviewing your application.
Here is the simple process of getting remote or virtual work visa for Dubai:
Those wishing to apply for the virtual or remote work visa from Dubai must need to process their application through the Dubai Corporation of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DCTCM) website visitdubai.com.
- Step 1: Visit website: LINK and fill out details such as full name, e-mail, mobile number and current country of residence
- Step 2: To apply you need to have a passport with a validity of minimum six months and a valid health insurance covering your residency in the UAE.
- Step 3: Employees must have proof of employment with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of $5,000 per month salary, last month’s payslip and three preceding months’ bank statements
- Step 4: Business owners must have proof of ownership of the company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of $5,000 and three preceding months’ bank statements.
The fee for the virtual working program is USD 287 per person. In addition, you need to pay the premium for medical insurance valid in the UAE and the processing fees. Note that paying a processing fee does not guarantee approval of the application.
With the virtual work visa, you can obtain all services including telecommunications, utilities, medical, and schooling.
Training and Employment of Students in UAE Training of Students in UAE As per the latest Ministerial Decree on the Regulations and conditions of Training and Employment of Students any...
What does the New UAE Labour Law says about Employment of Juveniles? Juveniles have been provided with a special treatment under UAE Labour Law. According to Article 5 of the UAE Labour Law,...