Applying for an Import Permit While Traveling to UAE:
If you are planning to travel UAE with the certain items or goods, you would need to apply to a specific local federal authority to receive the import permits. Depending on the certain items or goods as well as your pets to the UAE, you would need to apply for an import permit couple of weeks in advance to ensure the smooth arrival in the UAE.
Here are the goods and services for which which you need to apply for an Import Permit :
- Controlled Medicines and Drugs
- Cash and personal goods worth more than AED 60K
- Pets and Domestic Animals
- Technical Equipment
- Controlled medicines and drugs : If you are a visitor or a resident you must obtain a pre approval for controlled substances from the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP). This includes narcotic, controlled and semi-controlled drugs. The import permit is not mandatory for other drugs. You can apply for this permit through the https://mohap.gov.ae/en/services/issue-of-permit-to-import-medicines-for-personal-use
- Cash and personal goods worth more than AED 60K:Passengers arriving in the UAE must make sure that the cash and personal goods they carry does not exceed the value of Dh60,000, as any amount greater than that would need to be declared to the customs authority at the airport. Obtaining the permit is without charge and if all the criteria are met, it should be granted within 24 hours. You can apply for this permit through https://www.tamm.abudhabi/en/life-events/business/Manage-your-Business/Import-Export/DisclosureofCash & iDeclare mobile application by Dubai Customs.
- Vehicles:To bring a vehicle into the UAE, an individual must acquire a vehicle clearance certificate from a local customs agency. The Dubai Customs website – dubaicustoms.gov.ae states that it is possible to import either a new or used automobile. An individual must submit the certain documents when importing a car: a copy of their passport, and the vehicle’s purchase invoice. The customs inspectors will inspect the vehicle and impose a five percent customs tax on the overall estimated value of the car. If a different shipping company is transporting the vehicle, the requirements and documentation will be handled by that company.
- Pets and Domestic animals:Foreign visitors to the United Arab Emirates must get a license from the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment prior to bringing cats or dogs into the country. The Ministry has declared that the permit they issue is valid for a period of 30 days, starting from the day it is issued. You can apply for this permit through the https://www.moccae.gov.ae/en/services/export-import-services/import-permit-pets.aspx. For this permit pet owner must obtain a certified health certificate, issued by the competent veterinary authorities from their country. The pet’s vaccination card or passport, which must include the microchip number, the animal’s full description (species, colour, gender, and date of birth) and the listed vaccines must meet all the requirements stipulated by MoCCAE.Rabies testing certificate – this document is not mandatory for all animals.
- Technical Equipment:If you are planning to bring certain devices such as satellite phones, listening or recording devices, radio transmitters, and binoculars, you may require a licence from Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority (TDRA) for use in the UAE. You can apply for this permit through the https://tdra.gov.ae/en/Services/service-card?sID=-OMKG-4DzYzEBlYAAKzrkUp2ezXBwaRZDDpDBex0rKo
Best Moving Companies in Dubai Moving to a new home or relocating can be a stressful job. But you don't have to worry too much because there are professional movers in Dubai who can help. These...
The Best Grocery Apps in Dubai We all know that feeling when going to the store for groceries feels like a big chore. In today's fast-paced world, going grocery shopping can be a bit of a hassle,...