How to Apply an Exit Permit If You Have Lost Your Passport in UAE?

If your passport has been lost in UAE and you need to travel, you can do so by applying an exit permit through Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) via its website or service centres. This is applicable only if your visa is issued by any Emirates except Dubai. However, if your your visa issued in Dubai you would need to apply for an exit permit at a General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) service centre.

What are the documents required for issuing an exit permit via ICP or GDRFA:

The application and documents for issuing an exit permit via ICP or GDRFA are the same.

  1. Travel document from the embassy or consulate (Travel documents or emergency certificates are usually issued by consulates for citizens who have lost their passport)
  2. Two personal photos of the applicant.
  3. Lost letter report from the police.
  4. A copy of the travel ticket.

Note: Please refer to country’s consulate before applying for an exit permit as every country’s consulate has their own procedure for registering travel documents.

What are the steps for applying for an exit permit online through ICP?

  1. Visit the service link: in a new tab.
  2. Click on ‘Start service’
  3. Fill out the following information in the application form (Name, email id, phone number, date of birth)
  4. Attach the necessary documents for issuing an exit permit – if you have lost your passport.
  5. After submitting the application form, you will then need to settle the fees for the exit permit, electronically with your debit/credit card.
  6. You will then receive an SMS on your phone number or email informing you about the status of your application.

When the application form for the exit permit is accepted, you will receive an update notifying you that the process is complete.

You may required to pay the Request fees: AED 100, Issuance fees: AED 100 and Electronic service fee: AED 50

What are the steps for applying for an exit permit online through GDRFA?

If your visa is issued by Dubai Emirate, you can apply entry permit GDRFA by visiting a GDRFA service centre or Amer centre.

Request for an application to issue an exit permit. Once you have completed filling out application form, along with attaching the required documents to the service officer, you will have to settle the fees.

You may required to pay the Service fee: AED 200 AED, 20 is added per transaction, Collection commission: AED 50 for companies, AED 15 for individualsIn case that the application is submitted through AMER Centers, a fee of AED 100 will be added.

0 0 votes
Article Rating


Human Resource professional and writer.

Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Recent Posts

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x