A Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a UAE Entry Permit for GCC Residents
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai has launched an online service for residents of GCC nations who want to apply for entry permits to travel to the UAE. The aim is to provide a streamlined entry process for travelers residing in GCC countries. The GDRFA made the announcement through its official social media channels.
- Hold a valid visa from a GCC nation with a minimum validity of one year
- Have no restrictions preventing entry into the UAE.
- Your occupation must be listed on your employment or residency card.
- Valid passport.
- Original resident permit from a GCC nation upon arrival.
- Worker’s or civil card.
How to Apply for a Entry Permit through GDRFA Website for GCC Residents:
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the service:
- Access the online service: Visit the GDRFA website at https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services/ee043e4a-5c61-11ea-0320-0050569629e8 and click on “Start Service.”
- Sign up or log in: If you already have a GDRFA account, click the “Individuals” link and enter your login details. Alternatively, you can use UAE Pass, accessible to both UAE citizens and non-residents. If you don’t have an account, select “Register now” and choose the email registration option. Fill in the required information, create a password, and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the application form: Fill in the form with your personal information as requested.
- Upload the required documents: Follow the instructions to upload the necessary documents mentioned earlier.
- Pay the fees: The application fee is AED 250 plus 5% value-added tax (VAT). Use a credit or debit card for the payment.
- Submit the application: Review all the information provided, ensure its accuracy, and submit the application.
Once submitted, the GDRFA will process the application, and if approved, you should receive the entry permit within 48 hours. It’s important to note that fees and processing times may be subject to change, so it’s advisable to check the official GDRFA website for the most up-to-date information.
Remember to carefully review the requirements and guidelines provided by the GDRFA to ensure a smooth application process for your entry visa to the UAE.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs on UAE Entry Permit for GCC Residents:
How long will it take to process the UAE visa?
Once documents submitted, the GDRFA will process the application, and if approved, you should receive the entry permit within 48 hours.
Can I add my children to my visa application?
Separate applications must be submitted, application for each individual.
Can children/housewives enter the UAE without their sponsor?
They must be accompanied by their sponsors at the time of entry to the UAE.
My passport will expire soon; can I apply for GCC visa?
Passport must have 6 month validity at the time of entry to the UAE.
How I will receive the visa after it gets approved?
Once your visa is approved, you will get an email with the visa attached.
Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai: Tourist visa extension in Dubai has become simpler thanks to the UAE government's online services. Here's what you need to know about Tourist Visa Extension in...
Consequences of Failing to Repay a Loan in the UAE When you borrow money in the UAE and can't pay it back, things can get serious. From legal issues to financial penalties, there are important...