Transfer Child’s sponsorship from Father to Mother
Sometimes there may be a situation where you may have to transfer the sponsorship of your child’s visa from Father to under Mother’s sponsorship. This may be required due to family emergencies where the Father needs to exit the country, due to loss of employment for the main sponsor or death.
In UAE, the immigration department insists that the child’s sponsor be Father in all circumstances. However, in case the husband(Father) has lost job and got his visa cancelled, it will be necessary for wife(mother) to sponsor the visa, if the mother works in UAE.
Procedure to to transfer child’s visa to mother’s sponsorship from father’s sponsorship:
- The procedure is quite straightforward:
- Husband(father) will require to cancel his current employment visa and exit the country. In such cases, child’s visa needs to be cancelled beforehand. Also note that, Emirates ID will also be cancelled.
- With all the required documents, approach an authorised typing centre. Tell them whether the child is in the country or outside the country.
- Once the typing is done for the new Entry permit, approach the immigration department and present your application.
- The officer will approve the application.
- Once you receive the Entry Permit, if the child is inside UAE, you need to get the status changed by again approaching typing centre and typing the form.
- You will require to obtain Emirates ID cancelled form and get the Emirates ID typed.
- When that is done, approach the immigration department to stamp the visa.
- Medical is not required for children below the age of 18 years.
- Visa cancellation form.
- Original Passport of the Child and the Sponsor.
- Copies of the passport for Child and Sponsor.
- 1 Passport size photograph of the child.
- Original attested marriage certificate(Arabic) with one copy.
- Arabic birth certificate or translated+attested birth certificate and a copy.
- Ejari (Rental Contract) in the name of the Sponsor.
- Emirates ID form. Get this typed at authorised centres.
- Attested Labour contract of sponsor. The labour contract can be attested at Ministry of Labour with a cost of AED 160/-
Costs of visa transfer:
Initial costs are AED 920/- including typing. Changing the status will set you back by AED 700/-. Normal Emirates ID costs and Visa stamping costs will apply.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...