Sponsoring visit visa for your brother or sister in UAE
You may have brothers or sisters. Most of us would like to sponsor siblings in UAE for a visit visa rather than going through tourist visa. UAE residents can apply for the visa for their siblings. It may be for 30 days or 90 days. No extensions are permitted beyond this period(90 days).
Eligibility to apply for UAE residence visa for blood relatives – Brother or Sister
To be eligible to apply for visit visa, the sponsor or UAE resident expatriate must be holding valid UAE residence visa and have a minimum salary of AED 5,000 with accommodation or AED 6,000 without accommodation.
Documents required for issuing visit visa for blood relative – brother or sister
- Clear Passport copy of the sponsor.(Also take the original passport)
- Clear passport size picture with white background of the sponsored person.
- Clear Passport copy of the sponsored person.
- Salary certificate (if you are working for government or free zone) or an attested labour contract
- Attested tenancy contract (Ejari in Dubai and Baladiya stamp in Abu Dhabi) and Dewa Bill.
- Travel Insurance
Fee(cost of visit visa) structure:
Refundable deposit would be 1000 Dirhams or 2000 Dirhams depending on case to case and it will be refunded upon departure of sponsored person.
Travel Health Insurance:
As per DHA the visitors who are coming on visit visa should have travel insurance certificate. Charges for an individual health policy would be as follows:
- 45 Dhrs for 30 days single entry visa
- 95 Dhrs for 90 days visa
Visitors will only be covered for emergency medicine (accident and sickness) for upto AED 150,000. However, those aged between 70 and 84 years will have to pay a deductible of AED 2,000 and up to AED 7500 insurance covers in case of death in UAE.
Procedure to apply for the visit visa:
1. Once you have all the documents ready, head over to the authorised typing centre.
2. When the applications are typed, take them to the immigration department where they will issue you the visit visa.
NOTE: The advantage in applying for Visit Visa against Tourist visa is that, if you are offered a job in UAE, if you have visit visa you may be able to convert it to Residence visa; whereas this is not possible under tourist visa.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...