How do you get Birth certificate in UAE?
Birth of a child is a moment of great joy for the parents and the family of the new born. If you have just had a baby in the UAE, one of the first tasks is to obtain a Passport for the child. But in order to get a passport you need to get a birth certificate to be submitted to the respective consulate.
Here is an article on How do you get birth certificate in UAE?
After the birth of your child, do not rush to get the birth certificate. Wait till your wife and child have been discharged from the hospital and you have had a few days’ time to finalize a name for your child, before you proceed to get the birth certificate. However, do keep in mind that the maximum period to register your child’s birth is 30 days in UAE.
If the parents are of different nationalities, the child will adopt the nationality of the father.
The hospital where your baby was delivered, will issue a ‘notification of birth’ certificate in Arabic. Government hospitals will issue birth certificate as a next step.
However, for babies born in private hospitals, parents will need to apply to the Department of Health in Abu Dhabi or the Ministry of Health and Prevention in all other for a birth certificate by presenting the birth notification.
A translator will type your application at the hospital.
What are the Documents required to get the birth certificate in UAE?
Regardless of the emirate where the birth took place, these are the documents you would need to submit:
- Electronic notification of birth from the hospital at which the child was delivered
- Original marriage certificate
- Copies and originals of the parents’ passports
- Discharge summary from Hospital
- Copies and originals of Parent’s Emirates Ids
In the case of a birth inside the UAE while the father is outside the country or a non-resident of the UAE, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- Declaration from the wife stating the continuity of the marriage.
- Attested copy of the husband’s passport or a letter from the embassy indicating the nationality of the father or a statement from the husband confirming the paternity of the child, attested by his country’s embassy and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Can I apply online for the birth certificate in UAE?
Yes, you can apply online and the hospital at which you gave birth can also facilitate the process, as an add-on service.
Abu Dhabi – Department of Health
In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for a birth certificate online by visiting: https://www.tamm.abudhabi/en/aspects-of-life/visaemiratesid/personaldocuments/BirthCertificates/requesttoissueanewbornbirthcertificate
Other Emirates: Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP)
MOHAP issues birth certificates for births registered in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah. You can visit any of the service centres mentioned below:
MOHAP service centre locations:
- Preventive Medicine Center – Dubai
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Al Ghubaiba
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Al Dhaid
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Khorfakkan
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Dibba Al Hisn
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Kalba
- Preventive Medicine Center – Ajman
- Preventive Medicine Center – Umm Al Quwain
- Preventive Medicine Center – Ras Al Khaimah
- Preventive Medicine Center – Fujairah
- Service “1” Center – Emirates Towers
- Kuwaiti Hospital – Dubai
- Al Qasimi Hospital for Women and Children – Sharjah
- Al Dhaid Hospital – Sharjah
- Khorfakkan Hospital – Sharjah
- Kalba Hospital – Sharjah
- Sheikh Khalifa Hospital for Women and Children – Ajman
- Umm Al Quwain Hospital – UAQ
- Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital
- Saqr Hospital – Ras Al Khaimah
- Abdullah Bin Omran Hospital – Ras Al Khaimah
- Fujairah Hospital – Fujairah
- Dibba Hospital – Fujairah
Applying online through MOHAP website
You can also apply for a birth certificate by visiting the following link: https://www.mohap.gov.ae/en/services/issue-a-birth-certificate
Attestation of the birth Certificate
The birth certificate would then need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. This can be done by applying for the attestation through a typing centre or by visiting a notary public.
Beware there are brokers who might try and lure you with service. Do not budge. Do it yourself so you will know what the procedure is(for the next time…).
You can do all these procedures within a day if you start early. I have not mentioned about the charges since they might vary.
Disclaimer: Please note that these procedures were true at the time I did this for my kid. You are requested to check with the relevant authority. I, in no way will be held responsible for any changes in the procedures at the current time.
How to apply for a Child’s Birth Certificate Online:
It is important to have the birth certificate issued by MOHAP Ministry of Health and Prevention for all the children born in UAE.
You can complete process of applying the child’s birth certificate online and have your newborn’s birth certificate delivered to your home or office.
Once a child is born at a hospital in the UAE, the hospital will issue a birth notification with the Qaid Number (birth notification number that is issued for each child born) to the parents. This birth notification is sent electronically as well as by the hospital’s administration department. This is called the Electronic birth notification.
Before you begin the process, you need to ensure you have the digital copies of the following documents at hand:
• Electronic notification of birth from the hospital at which the child was delivered.
• Attested marriage certificate.
• Passport copy of parents.
• Emirates IDs of both parents.
Steps to be followed while applying for a birth certificate online:
- Step 1: Visit the following link: https://mohap.gov.ae/en/services/issue-of-a-birth-certificate
- Step 2: Click on ‘Start service’.
- Step 3: Log in using your UAEPass. If you do not have a UAEPass, you will need to create an account with MOHAP by providing an email address and a registered mobile number.
- Step 4: You will then be directed to your dashboard, where you need to click on ‘Birth certificates’ and select ‘Issue birth certificate’ from the dropdown menu.
- Step 5: Enter the Qaid number and the date of birth of the father and the mother.
- Step 6: The name of the newborn child will show up along with the parents’ details.
- Step 7: You will then be asked to pay for the birth certificate. The certificate is issued in Arabic. If you want an English certificate you can add that as a request and you will need to pay an additional Dh65.
- Step 8: Once you have selected the birth certificate you wish to get issued, you will then need to enter the address for the delivery of the birth certificate.
- Step 9: Make the payment – you will then need to pay Dh65 or Dh130 (for English and Arabic). This cost includes the courier charges.
- Step 10:The birth certificate is delivered within two working days, according to MOHAP.
How to apply for a Child’s Birth Certificate through WhatsApp?
UAE residents can now apply for a birth certificate for their newborn in minutes via WhatsApp. However, currently, this service applies only to babies born in public hospitals operated by MOHAP (Ministry of Health and Prevention)
Public hospitals operated by MOHAP:
1. Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital: Al Awir
2. Al Kuwait Hospital: Deira
1. Kuwait Hospital: Kuwait St, Al Qadisiya
2. Al Dhaid Hospital: Al Dhaid
3. Khorfakkan Hospital: Yarmouk
4. Al Qassimi Hospital: Wasit Street, Mughaidir Suburb, Al Khezamia
5. Kalba Hospital: Ali Bin Abi Talib Street
6. Al Qassimi Woman’s and Children’s Hospital: Al Khezamia
Umm Al Quwain
1. Umm Al Quwain Hospital: King Faisal Street
Ras al Khaimah
1. Abdullah Bin Omran Hospital for Obstetrics & Gynecology: Al Manama Road
2. Obaidallah Geriatric Hospital: Al Hudlabah Street
3. Ibrahim Bin Hamad Obaidullah Hospital: Al Hudiabah Street
4. Shaam Hospital
5. Saqr Hospital: Al Shifa Street
1. Dibba Hospital: Diba Al Fujairah
2. Al Fujairah Hospital: Near Fujairah Mall, Anajaimat Didaa Road
3. Masafi Hospital: Al Dhaid East Coast R
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) announced that parents can obtain birth certificates via her WhatsApp number +97142301221, which is dedicated to the ministry.
UAE parents are required to provide certain documents to the hospital when registering the birth of their child at the facility. These documents include both a verified marriage certificate and copies of the parents’ passports and Emirates ID cards. You will also be required to provide contact details such as your email address and mobile phone number.
When a child is born, they are given a “Qaid” number, a birth registration number issued to all children born in the United Arab Emirates. The Qaid number can be found on the electronic birth certificate provided by the hospital. Once you have your Qaid number, you can apply for your birth certificate online or through the new WhatsApp service.
Steps to be followed while applying birth certificate through the WhatsApp:
- Step 1: Save MOHAP’s number +971 42301221, as a contact on WhatsApp.
- Step 2: Type in ‘Hello’ to initiate a conversation with the virtual assistant. After that, you will be asked to select one of the two options:
- Birth Certificate
- Track Application .
- Tap on the ‘Birth Certificate’ option and follow the steps below:
- Step 3: Register your email address with MOHAP: You will be receiving a link by MOHAP directing you their ebirthdeath.mohap.gov.ae platform on their website. Login to the MOHAP account through your existing account or through the UAE Pass.If you do not have the existing account you may sign up by entering your full name, mobile number , email address and Emirates ID Number.Once you have successfully logged in, return to Whatsapp and send your email address on the chat. The system will then confirm that your email address is registered with MOHAP.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP for verification: You will receive the OTP on your registered email address, enter the same for purposes. After that, you will then be asked to enter your child’s full name and date of birth for the system to corroborate the information with what is on the system.
- Step 5: Choose the delivery method and pay for the certificate: Once the birth details – like the child’s name and date of birth – have been confirmed, you will then be asked to pay the fee for the birth certificate, through a link to the website. Once you have paid the fee, you will then have the option to choose your delivery method – either through courier or picking it up at a MOHAP public health centre. You will receive the birth certificate in two working days, according to the MOHAP website.
What are the charges for applying birth certificate in UAE?
Dh65 for Arabic birth certificate.
Dh65 for English birth certificate (if requested)
Additional charges of AED 20 to AED 25 may apply for courier services if chosen.
How long does it take to get a birth certificate in UAE?
Once you submit all the required documents and verified, the birth certificate will be issued by the respective authority. This process usually takes 2-3 working days.
Plan Your Visit to the Thrilling Global Village Dubai Global Village Dubai is a must-visit attraction for locals and tourists alike. This annual event brings together cultures and traditions from...
Are you a UAE resident planning to travel to other GCC countries? Here are some visa options you should know about
Visa Options for UAE Residents Traveling to GCC Countries As a UAE resident, you have the privilege of traveling to other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries – Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar,...
9 thoughts on “How do you get Child’s Birth Certificate Online in UAE? Everything you need to know is here. ”
I have one question I have Indian passport in my before marriage name, I have added my husband name in the spouse name. So will it be a problem for getting the birth certificate for my child ? As I have not changed my surname in the passport. ( we are planning to deliver in government hospital )
Please help !!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your help Deepak. It is really helpful as we are in the process of registering our baby girl and to get her passport and visa.
Only one more question I want to ask what is the best time in the morning one should be at Al Baraha Hospital to complete everything as early as possible so that on the same day one can not only attest the birth certificate but also can apply for the passport.
One tip if someone finds it useful in MOFA if you have a lady with you who can go inside and attest the Birth certificate issued from Al Baraha Hospital Deira Dubai it will take one few minutes to get out as there is a separate counter for ladies. Do take your E payment card with you when going to MOFA…
Thanks and regards,
I am not sure when the counter opens; but it is advised to go at around 9AM.
Thank you for the tip.
where can i get birth certificate for my chilld?, i gav birth in goverment hospital in sharjah, my child is already 9months old and my residence permit has expired,presently am on 7th months overstayed, although am ready to pay all my overstayed and exit the country as soon as possible but am scared that i may have issue getting the bith certificate, kindly help , your answer is very urgent.
What nationality they will write on birth certificate if me and husband are from different countries?
It will be upto the parents to decide. But do check with the respective embassy. I have a friend who is Belgian national and his wife is from Srilanka. They decided to give child dual nationality. But in most cases it will be single nationality.
Did you hear about that child that was born on plane, he was named EK after the airlines … Everyone is good and safe now, the crew helped a lot and did a great job… There are even pages with this baby family tree and profile he’s still few days old and already a superstar
i am looking for a job in emirates, now they want some medical exem from Baraha Hospital,Hospital friday is working or not?
I have no information on this. Kindly contact their customer care.