Download Health Insurance Law of Dubai – 2014 – PDF
In the beginning of the year 2014 the Government of Dubai announced that health Insurance will be made mandatory. The framework for the health insurance Law has been issued by Dubai Health Authority. Under this scheme, an employer is mandated to provide Health Insurance coverage to its employees.
I received a copy of the Health Insurance Law 2014 and in this post, you may download the copy of the document.
What is covered inthe Health Insurance Law of Dubai 2014?
The Health Insurance Law covers a vast area of issues and provides clear cut clarifications.
Below are the major headings covered under Health Insurance Law
- Who will pay for Health Coverage?
- What type of health insurance plan must an employer or other sponsor provide?
- Reporting requirements for employers
- Who can provide health insurance cover?
- Costs of providing cover
- Existing arrangements
- Where can employers buy health insurance?
I am sure the law will evolve over time.
If you are interested to know about Insurance Companies in Dubai, you may read the article here.