I am neither surprised nor do I regret what has been done to the individuals who flouted the local laws of Dubai, UAE. There was recently an anti-graft movement in India against corruption by Anna Hazare in India.
Dubai has one of the largest concentration of Indians abroad. It was not a surprise that the spirits went high in Dubai in support of Anna Hazare. But, the individuals who took to support Anna Hazare by organising a solidarity march in Dubai were in for a surprise. They were arrested and now have to be in the prison for 12 days. NO SURPRISES here.
[button link=”http://www.indianexpress.com/news/for-anna-rally-five-indians-get-jail-in…/840542/ rel=”nofollow” color=”teal” newwindow=”yes”] Click to read the news![/button]
Here are my simple rules for expatriates in UAE:
- You are in a foreign country as guest workers. Do not involve yourselves in activities that are viewed as cliche in the UAE.
- UAE offers one of the best opportunities for professionals. Do your work and be happy with what you have.
- Official complaints can be lodged with respective departments.
- If you are not satisfied with the facilities that are provided, please plan to relocate.
- UAE offers world class facilities for law abiding. Do not exploit it.
- UAE is not a democracy. Observe rule of Law and respect the country and its rulers.
Consequences of Failing to Repay a Loan in the UAE When you borrow money in the UAE and can't pay it back, things can get serious. From legal issues to financial penalties, there are important...
All About DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) is a pivotal entity in Dubai's infrastructure, entrusted with the crucial task of providing...