Maintaining Employee Records
There are different conditions fixed under the Law for keeping employees records. This is mostly depend on the number of employee employed in the company. As per the Section 3 Article 53 of UAE Labour Law A company which has more than 5 employees working should have following records and shall adhere to the following:
- File for every employee in his name
- Marital Status
- Place of residence
- Commencement date of service
- Wage and any change in it
- Illness and injuries
- Date of termination of service and reason for termination Leave Card
Company should keep a leave card for every employees in his individual file. Leave card to be divided into three sections annual leave, sick leave and other leave and employee or anyone acting on his behalf should note on the card all the leave taken by the employee for future reference.
As per the Article 54 of UAE Labour Law, an employer who employs 15 employees or more must keep in every place of work or branch thereof the following records and documents:
- Register of Wages: Company should keep all records of payroll listing employees, names according to the date of their recruitment along with the daily, weekly or monthly wages, allowance or payments for piecework, commission payments as well as lengths of service and job termination dates.
- Register of work Injuries: A record for work injuries listing work injuries or occupational diseases immediately the employer is informed.
- Regulation of the work :The basic rules and regulations for work should be displayed in a permanent, visible place, at the site of work showing the basic regulations for work including working hours, weekly holidays, official holidays, and the necessary safety precautions to avoid work hazards and fire dangers. The implementation of these regulations and any amendments thereto have to be sanctioned by the labour department within 30 days from the date of their submissions.
- Penalties Sheet: The company regulations relating to disciplinary measures must be permanently displayed in the place of work. This must outline measures which may be taken against those who violate the regulations. Enforcement of penalties and any amendments thereof, should be subject to approval by the Ministry of Labour within thirty day from the date of submitting the same thereto.
Loyalty Cards in Dubai In today's fast-paced world, who doesn't love a good deal? Saving money while shopping or dining out is a universal joy, and one of the best ways to do that is by using...
RTA Nol Card - Complete Guide Whether you are a resident of Dubai or a tourist visiting the city for the first time, public transportation is highly useful to get around the city. Dubai has quite...