Episode 1 – Emirates Diary Podcast – Standard Offer Letters
In this Podcast episode you will learn in depth about MOL Decree 764 which was released in the late 2015 and effective January 2016. MOL keeps updating the UAE Labour Law to match the growth of the country and to improve the standards of the laws to match with international best practices.
In this episode, I interview Thenji Macanda.
Show notes of Episode 1 of Emirates Diary Podcast (EDP001)
- Standard Offer Letters;
- Labour Contract;
- 9 New Languages of Labour Contract to make it simpler to read: Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Malayalam, Nepalese, Tamil, Chinese, Srilankan;
- How it will benefit you as an employee;
- How it will benefit you as an employer;
- How will this reduce number of complaints at Ministry of Labour;
About the Expert
Thenji Macanda is a UK trained and qualified specialist Employment Associate based in Taylor Wessing‘s Dubai office.
Thenji effectively advises clients with contentious and non-contentious matters on a wide range employment issues predominantly based on the UAE Labour Law (including the various free zone employment regulations) and DIFC Employment law.
Thenji’s client base consists of local, multinational entities and private individuals that require specialist advice on employment matters including, redundancy, corporate restructure, termination of employment, employee/ employer disputes. Over the years, she has gained solid experience in drafting employee/ consultancy terms and conditions, staff handbooks, company policies and procedures.
Prior to joining Taylor Wessing’s Employment team in July 2015, Thenji independently managed a niche Employment department in a local reputable Dubai firm for over three years. Thenji is an Admitted Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales and prior to working in the Middle East, she worked in the Employment Rights Unit of the largest national firms in the UK for five years.
Thenji is currently registered on the Pro-Bono volunteer scheme at the DIFC (Dubai International Finance Centre Courts) and regularly provides specialist Employment law updates and HR Seminars.
Thenji’s relevant experience includes:
- Advising corporate entities on various general employment issues, managing and liaising with local advocates in contentious matters throughout all litigation stages.
- Advising a Construction Company on the introduction of internal Company policies and procedures.
- Advising Multinational Company on a variation of existing terms and conditions.
- Reviewing employment contracts and handbooks in accordance with DIFC Employment Law and UAE Labour Law.
- Advising and assisting corporate entities in the negotiation and settlement of employment disputes and to successfully avert the need for litigation.
- Advising a Company with regards to the transfer of employees in the UAE from an off-shore entity to an on-shore entity.
About Taylor Wessing
Taylor Wessing is an international law firm with 28 offices in 17 jurisdictions and 1200 legal advisers. We have been operating in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and have very strong relationships with some of the regions key government agencies, banking institutions, global corporate entities and regulatory bodies. We advise on all aspects of business law. This includes corporate, commercial, banking and finance, construction, real estate and dispute resolution.
I hope this Podcast Episode has cleared your doubts on the ‘Standard Offer Letters’ topic. If you still have queries, please do comment below.
What is Free Zone and Free Zone Visa in UAE? A free zone is a special economic zone where companies can operate and receive considerable tax and free exemptions. Free zone companies are treated as...
Only one Corporate Tax return will need to be filed per financial period. No provisional or advance Corporate Tax filings will be required. The deadline to submit the return will be stated in the...