Dubai Butterfly Garden – Have you been there?
Dubai has no shortage of places for you to visit whether you are a tourist or whether you are a resident. It has tallest building, an indoor ski, Palm islands, Souqs….you name it, Dubai has it. While it is easy to spend a short vacation by visiting glitzy places, sometimes it makes more meaningful to visit places of calm and nature. Dubai Butterfly Garden is one such place! And I recently had the pleasure of visiting Dubai Butterfly Garden. It’s a good place for kids to spend and hold butterflies. Kids would usually love such natural adventure! Mind you, there are more than 15000 of these creatures within this amazing place you must visit.
How to get there ?
Nestled between Dubai Miracle Garden and Al Barsha, Dubai Butterfly Garden provides you calm and peace that very few places in Dubai provide. It is also a photographer’s paradise if you need to get Macrophotography of Butterflies. If you have been to Dubai Miracle Garden, the Butterfly Garden is right around the corner. Below is the location map of the Butterfly Garden.
Some important information about Butterfly Garden
- Butterfly Garden opened to public on 24th March 2015.
- It is the biggest indoor butterfly sanctuary in the world. (Not a surprise for Dubai though!!)
- Butterfly Garden has 9 custom built domes which house the butterflies.
- The domes also contain different plants, flowers to make the feeling more natural.
- It is amazing to watch the butterflies fly by you. I have never experienced so many butterflies at a single spot.
- I saw at least more than 50 varieties of butterflies wizzing around and feasting on the fruits and flowers.
- There is also a souvenir shop for you to shop souvenirs related to butterflies, like wings and other stuff.
- There is also a snack bar where you can purchase ice cream and snacks.
- Within each domes you will also find a small room where butterflies are housed and most likely they would land on you if you have colorful clothes.
Timings: 9AM to 6:00PM everyday of the week. Give yourself a solid 2 hours just to browse through the facility and enjoy.
Dubai Miracle Garden and Butterfly Garden are interlinked and you could take exit through to Butterfly Garden from Miracle Garden, which is nice.
Ticket: Tickets to Dubai Butterfly Garden cost AED 50, which many will think is overpriced. I too thought the same. However, given the effort and maintenance that goes into the facility, it is not too much of a burden. Children under the age of 3 are allowed inside free so are disabled individuals.
- Telephone: 04-4228902
- Email: [email protected]
Parking space for your vehicles is right opposite. However, it is yet to be developed! Currently it is a normal parking space(‘Kachcha parking’)
My verdict and review:
I am of the opinion that you must visit this place at least once while you are in UAE for the simple reason that it provides you with a unique experience which you may not otherwise have. Although the price of AED50 is a bit on the higher side, think of this as an experience.
Video Walkthrough of Dubai Butterfly Garden
Pictures and images of Dubai Butterfly Garden
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends.
Have you visited Dubai Butterfly Garden?? Let me know your thoughts!
Official website of Dubai Butterfly Garden: http://www.dubaibutterflygarden.com/
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...