How can I get UAE residence visa other than Employment Visa?

Well, for a majority of the residents, the Employment visa acts as the Residence Visa in UAE(United Arab Emirates).

Having a UAE residence visa will provide you with an option of staying in any of 7 emirates in the UAE.

Other than Employment Visa there are 3 other options if you want a UAE residence Visa:

  1. You could set up your own company in the UAE which will be the sponsor for your visa. A UAE citizen(Local) will be your partner in this case.
  2. You could set up a an offshore company in one of the Freezones in the UAE wherein the respective Freezone will be your sponsor.
  3. Buying a property will ensure that you will receive an investor’s visa. Please note that as per the latest regulation(June 2011) the value of the property has to be minimum AED 1MN inorder to obtain this visa and the property needs to be in your own name.
Well, these are the few other ways that you could obtain a residency visa in UAE.
Also note that approval for any type of residence visa is the completely dependent on the Naturalisation and Residency Department.


Deepak is a passionate blogger with interests in bitcoin, online marketing, and writing.

15 thoughts on “How can I get UAE residence visa other than Employment Visa?

  1. i am holding an employment visa,,… but soon this will expired… i want to transfer it to my own visa if possible. and wat kind of requirement to submit with and which department ill gonna go to transact it? i am just housemaid here in abu dhabi… do i can avail own visa ?

  2. I am PRO SERVICES Expert , I can help you in family visa,employment visa, visit visa ..etc , also, If you like to create your own business(company),I can assist you.or If you are looking for a local sponsor .just give me a call(or whatsapp ) in : +971 526 428 887 .
    my email is : [email protected]
    website :

  3. Hello, i just wanna ask will i get a ban if i will find a new job coz im still under probi for 6 months on this work?

  4. Good Day Deepak,

    Employment visa can be transfer to new employer? is it possible?

    how is the process? do i need NOC from the previous company?

    thank you

    1. Ted,
      yes it can be transferred if your current company agrees.
      I am not exactly aware of the process.

  5. Dear Deepak

    Please advise what to do…
    My visa will expired soon under the sponsorship of my ex husband as we just divorce recently and i can not renew my visa as we already divorce.
    We are planning to buy visa at freezone here in Abu Dhabi..
    My question:
    how much is the possible cost for the visa application and what is the procedure? Please please Deepak we need your advise.

    thank you so much and we appreciate for any reply from you.

    1. Sitti,
      Hello I am not entirely aware of costs in Abu Dhabi free zone visas.

  6. Hi i am interested in getting my mom to the UAE for long term what are the visa options i have can i apply a free zone visa for her what would be the cost and what are the requirements.I am a sri lankan.

    Thank you

    1. For long term you can apply long term visit visa (90 days ) from immigration
      You need to sponsor residence visa for your Mom

      I have no idea about free zone visa for parents

  7. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem with your website in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a large element of folks will miss your great writing because of this problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent Posts