RTA Nol Card – Complete Guide
Whether you are a resident of Dubai or a tourist visiting the city for the first time, public transportation is highly useful to get around the city. Dubai has quite a modern public transport system that aims to provide ease and comfort to the residents.
Dubai is a bustling city known for its innovation and seamless transportation systems. One of the essential tools for getting around in this dynamic metropolis is the RTA Nol card.
The payment methods are also very simple and reliable here. People generally use nol cards in Dubai to easily pay for multiple types of public transport, including the metro, bus and RTA taxi.
In this article, we’ll break down everything you need to know about RTA Nol cards in Dubai, various types, digital Nol cards, and how to check your balance conveniently.
What is RTA Nol Card?
RTA Nol card is a contactless smartcard capable of holding prepaid credit that allows you to pay for various modes of transport effortlessly.
Dubai public transport card or nol card can be used to pay for trips via tram, metro or bus and water taxi in the city.
Customers with a RTA nol card are required to check in and check out their card at different electronic gates at the metro station or the electronic terminals on buses.
The best feature of the nol cards is the online top-up facility. There are ticket offices and ticket vending machines in all metro and bus stations where you can buy or top up your nol card.
Features of RTA Nol Cards:
The RTA nol cards enable you to pay for various modes of public transport in Dubai with a single tap. Let’s take a look at the key features of these cards.
- You don’t have to struggle with cash or paper tickets. Just touch your Nol card, and you’re all set to proceed.
- Nol cards are easy to top up, ensuring you always have enough credit for your journeys. You can purchase weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bundles to enjoy unlimited travel via public transport in Dubai.
- They can be used across all RTA modes of transportation, making it a versatile choice for your travel needs.
- Nol cards come in different ticket types to suit various requirements, from single trips to daily, weekly, or monthly passes.
- Nol cards allow you to also pay for RTA paid parking, public parks, Etihad Museum and more than 2000 shops around the city.
Difference Types of RTA Nol Cards
Dubai offers a variety of Nol cards to cater to your specific travel needs. Let’s take a detailed look at the different types of the RTA nol cards. The Dubai nol card prices depend on the type of card you pick.
Silver Nol Card
Suited for regular commuters.
- The Nol Silver card costs AED 25, and it comes with AED 19 worth of credit already loaded onto it.
- You can have a maximum of AED 5,000 on your Nol Silver card at any given time.
- If you have an anonymous Nol card (one without your name), it can only hold up to AED 1,000.
- Your Nol Silver card remains valid for a period of 5 years.
Gold Nol Card:
Perfect for frequent travelers, it offers additional benefits like access to the Gold Class on the metro and tram.
- The Nol Gold card costs AED 25 and comes pre-loaded with AED 19 in credit.
- The maximum amount you can have on your Nol Gold card at one time is AED 5,000.
- If you have an anonymous Nol card (one without your name), it can hold a maximum of AED 1,000.
- Your Nol Gold card remains valid for a duration of 5 years.
Personal Nol Card
The Personal nol card provides you with the facility to recover your balance if you accidentally lose your card or it’s stolen. Moreover, the card allows you to enjoy concessions on fares along with a secure online service for easy credit top-up.
- The Personal Nol card is priced at AED 70 and comes with AED 20 worth of credit included.
- It allows you to have a maximum balance of AED 5,000 on the card at any given time.
- The Personal Nol card remains valid for a period of 5 years.
The Red Ticket is primarily for those who need a temporary card, perfect for tourists visiting Dubai. It is the best option for tourists visiting the city. It is ideal for visitors and tourists who are staying for more than 3 days.
The ticket is valid for metro, buses and trams. Other modes of RTA transport such as ferries, abras and taxis cannot be paid for with the Red card. With a Red card, users will be allowed to use a single mode of transport at a time.
- The Red Ticket costs AED 2.
- You can use it to pay for a maximum of 10 journeys or 5 daily passes before you need to top it up again.
- The Red Ticket remains valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.
Blue Nol Card
The nol Blue Card allows people of determination to travel free of charge on metro and buses. The card also offers national senior citizens, residents and students from all nationalities a 50% off.
Digital Nol Card
The digital Nol cards were introduced by RTA to facilitate travel. It allows the users to top up their balance at any time hassle free through the nol app.
Digital Nol Card:
Regular Dubai commuters no longer have to worry about losing their Nol cards owing to electronic versions that were first introduced in partnership with Huawei and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) wants to give its patrons options when purchasing public transportation tickets in Dubai. You can use the card to travel throughout the city using the Dubai Metro, Dubai Tram, RTA buses, and water taxis.
How does the Digital Nol Card work
Through the HUAWEI AppGallery, users may download the nol Pay mobile app and the first digital nol card in the GCC.
Simply create your ID, download the app, and begin using Nol card e-services.
After that, you can use the card. To make payments while on the go or for tickets on public transportation, use the Huawei Wallet app. Additionally, you can use the app to instantly reload the digital card.
Nol Pay App Features:
- Through an updated Nol Pay app, Dubai’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has just released additional functionality.
- The goal of the official payment platform is to facilitate travel for both visitors and residents of Dubai, and these additional features are in line with that goal.
- Among these capabilities are the following:
- Users may recharge their Nol card through the app by simply topping up their balance at any time, from any location, and on all platforms.
- Users can now quickly log in using their digital ID accounts to streamline the registration procedure for unidentifiable nol cards.
- Users may effortlessly register for and renew customised nol cards using the app by linking their RTA account with their digital ID account.
- The program offers the ability to monitor application status and receive notifications, guaranteeing that users are informed about the advancement of their applications.
The digital card is accepted for payment on any RTA transport modalities that also take Nol cards. This implies that you can use it to purchase tickets for the emirate’s public transportation systems, such as the Dubai Metro, Dubai Tram, and Dubai water taxis.Merchant locations that take Nol payments are able to accept these cards.
How to check the balance in Nol Card?
Nol card lets you pay for all public transport in Dubai, including buses, waterbus, metro, water taxis, trams and abras. You can also pay for parking in Dubai using a NOL card.
Remember to use the Nol online balance checker to see if you need to recharge before you set off on your adventure. The best ways to check the balance on RTA Dubai website.
- Go to an RTA website
- Tap the Check NOL Card Balance option
- Type your NOL card number and security code
- Once you have entered the details, click ‘Check’.
If there is an insufficient balance, you can also choose to pay online to add credit to your NOL card.
You also have the option to top off your NOL card with an online payment if there’s a shortfall.
How to Add Money to Your Nol Card in Dubai?
Adding money to your Nol card in Dubai is easy. You have a few options:
1. Nol Pay App: You can use the Nol Pay app to add money to your card. Just open the app and follow the instructions.
2. Ticket Offices: You can also go to ticket offices at transportation stations to recharge your card. Just tell the staff how much you want to add.
3. Ticket Vending Machines: These are like ATMs for your Nol card. You can find them at metro stations. Just insert your card and follow the prompts to add money.
4. Authorised Sales Agents: Some stores and places around Dubai can also add money to your card. Look for the Nol card logo.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQS on RTA Nol Card
How to Use Your Nol Card to Pay for Travel?
Just tap your card on the machine when you get on the bus, metro, or other forms of transport.
The machine will automatically deduct the fare for your journey from your card.
How do I get a nol card?
Ticket offices at transportation stations.
Ticket vending machines at metro stations.
RTA customer happiness centers in Dubai.
Authorized sales agents around the city.
Can You Buy a Nol Card Online?
Yes, you can buy a Nol card online:
Download the Nol Pay app.
Choose “Buy Virtual Nol Card.”
Pay for it using your debit or credit card or at an authorized sales agent later.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Nol Card?
If you use the Nol Pay app or a vending machine, you get your card instantly.
If you apply through a sales agent or a ticket office machine, it takes about 3 minutes.
Can You Get an Anonymous Nol Card?
Yes, you can get an anonymous Nol card using the Nol Pay app.
What’s the Minimum Amount to Keep on Your Nol Card?
Make sure your Nol card has at least AED 7.5, and if you’re using a Red Ticket, it should have at least 1 single strip of credit.
How much does it cost to buy a nol card?
Red Ticket: This card costs 2 AED to buy. You can use it for up to 10 journeys.
Silver Card: This one costs 25 AED to buy, but it already has 19 AED of credit on it. It’s a good choice for tourists. You can get it from any ticket machine.
Leaving Dubai Guide: Steps for a Stress-Free Transition Leaving Dubai or UAE can be tough, especially when your visa or work contract is ending. It needs careful planning, whether you're leaving...
Simplify Your Property Journey with the Dubai REST App: A User-Friendly Overview Launched in 2018 by the Dubai Land Department, the Dubai REST app revolutionizes the real estate sector by offering...