Vehicle Registration Renewal Online
Vehicle renewal registration is like getting an official approval from the government for your car to be on the road. It’s essentially a special license for your vehicle. When you buy a car, you need to provide important details like brand, model, and license plate number, along with your information as the owner.
Why is vehicle registration renewal important?
- It helps the government keep track of all cars on the road, ensuring safety and aiding law enforcement in case of any issues.
- Vehicle registration ensures that all cars have insurance and are safe to drive, providing protection in case of accidents.
Renewing ensures the government has the most current information about your car and you as the owner. Check your registration certificate or the RTA website for the expiry date. Forgetting to renew may lead to fines or penalties, so be responsible and keep your car’s registration up-to-date – an essential part of being a car owner and a responsible driver!
Car registration renewal in Dubai is an annual requirement, typically due one year after the vehicle’s initial purchase. This guide aims to clarify the process for car owners who might find the renewal procedure confusing.
Process of Vehicle Registration Renewal in Dubai:
Vehicle owners have a grace period of 30 days after the registration expiration. If renewal occurs after this flexible period, an additional fee applies.
- Settle all fines through the RTA website.
- Visit Dubai Police stations to address any black points on your car.
- If your car is over 3 years old, get it tested at an RTA facility like Shamil, Wasel, or Tasjeel.
- Ensure your vehicle passes the technical inspection stage.
- Visit an RTA happiness center, service center, or renew online.
Online Process of Vehicle Registration Renewal through RTA Website:
For online vehicle registration renewal, follow these steps on the RTA website or Dubai Drive app:
- Log in to your RTA account.
- Navigate to licensing services under manage account.
- Click on “my vehicles” and select “renew your vehicles.”
- Choose Smart Vehicle Renewal, select your car details, and verify your email.
- Ensure your vehicle has passed inspection.
- Choose the delivery method for the renewed documents.
- The vehicle will be automatically renewed in three working days.
Vehicle Registration Renewal with the RTA App
- Visit your app store, download the official RTA app, and install it on your mobile device.
- Sign up or log in to your RTA account within the app. Ensure you have your relevant details handy.
- Schedule a vehicle testing appointment through the app or find the nearest testing center.
- Confirm your vehicle insurance is up to date before proceeding with the renewal process.
- Use the secure payment portal within the app to settle any fines and renewal fees with your credit card.
- Generate your temporary registration card instantly within the app for immediate use.
- Select your preferred delivery method – either have your permanent registration card couriered to you or choose to collect it from an RTA location.
Vehicle Registration Card (Mulkiya) usually comes as a physical card that you keep in your vehicle. But guess what? You can also get a copy of your Mulkiya online in Dubai! Here’s how:
- Log in to the RTA website or Dubai Police App.
- Find the section for vehicle details.
- There, you’ll see all the info about your Mulkiya, including when it expires.
So, if you ever need your Mulkiya details but don’t have the physical card, just hop online, and you can get all the info you need.
Vehicle Registration Renewal Charges:
The Charges for vehicle registration renewal in Dubai include:
- Renewal fee for private and public light vehicles: AED 350
- Light vehicle technical testing fee: AED 150
- Heavy vehicle technical testing fee: AED 200
- Re-registration fee for expired ownership: AED 400
- Redoing technical test for light vehicles after repairs: AED 50
- Redoing technical test for heavy vehicles after repairs: AED 75
- Courier fee: AED 25
Vehicle Registration Renewal in Dubai: Key Information
To ensure a smooth and timely car registration renewal process in Dubai, it’s essential to be aware of crucial details. Here’s what you need to know:
- Your vehicle’s registration needs to be renewed annually, and each renewal is valid for one year.
- The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) typically processes renewal applications within a minimum of 5 days.
- For a successful renewal, ensure you have the necessary documents, including your Emirates ID, valid Driving License, renewed Vehicle Insurance Policy, Vehicle Registration Card (Mulkiya), and a “Passed Certificate” obtained from the testing center.
- Dubai offers a 30-day grace period after the registration expiry date. Beyond this period, fines will be imposed for delayed renewal.
- Upon passing the mandatory vehicle inspection, you will receive a certificate confirming compliance with RTA standards. Additionally, a new license card will be issued, extending the vehicle’s registration for another year.
- In the event of a failed inspection, it is crucial to address the identified issues and make necessary repairs within 30 days. After completing the repairs, the vehicle must undergo a retest to meet RTA standards.
- For light vehicles, the fee for the initial technical test is AED 150. If a retest is required after repairs, the fee is AED 50. This fee structure ensures that vehicles meet safety and operational standards set by the RTA.
- Before initiating the registration renewal process, ensure your vehicle insurance is up-to-date. Renewing car insurance is a prerequisite for completing the registration renewal within the specified time frame.
To ensure a smooth vehicle registration renewal process involves timely action, compliance with testing standards, and understanding the associated fees and requirements. Stay informed and make use of the available online renewal options for added convenience. Adhering to these guidelines ensures compliance with RTA regulations, allowing you to enjoy uninterrupted and legal use of your vehicle on Dubai roads.
Planning Your Dream Dubai Trip from India? Here's Your Essential Dubai Visa Guide Dubai, with its towering skyscrapers, luxurious lifestyle, and vibrant culture, has become a magnet for tourists...
Liquor License in Dubai Interested in obtaining an alcohol license in Dubai? Whether you're a resident or a tourist, understanding the process and regulations is essential. Dubai, known for its...