Basic Arabic Words
Table of Contents
- Basic Arabic Words
- Want to Learn Arabic through Professional Course?? Click here for Arabic Course.
- Here are the basic Arabic words that I learnt and some in the process of learning:
- Basic Arabic Words for conversation:
- Conversational Arabic Words:
- Miscellaneous Arabic Words: These Arabic words are used while having a conversation.
- Useful basic Arabic words phrases when travelling :
- Other great sources to Learn basic Arabic:
- Learn Basic Arabic words and Arabic sentences through Videos:
- Speak Arabic Phrases: Video Playlist
- How to say your name in Arabic?
- How to say: Where are you from?
- How to say in Arabic: How old are you?
- How to say in Arabic: What is your Job?
- How to say in Arabic: Good Morning.
- How to say in Arabic: Different names of countries?
- How to say in Arabic: Thank you.
- How to say in Arabic: How are you?
- How to say in Arabic: Names of different Jobs.
- How to say in Arabic: I want….
- How to say in Arabic: What is this?
- How to say in Arabic: I don’t know!!
- How to say in Arabic: There is…./ There are….
- How to say in Arabic: Good Luck
- How to say in Arabic: Hamza…
- How to say in Arabic: Where are you going?
- How to say in Arabic: Ma’ lesh
- How to say in Arabic: Singular, Plural and Dual
- How to say in Arabic: Adjectives
UAE is an Arabic country. However, it is very sad to notice that most of the majority of expatriates living here do not know how to converse in basic Arabic. In one way it can be viewed as a tolerance of the UAE and its rulers to allow foreign language to be dominant and on the other hand it can be viewed as lack of interest from expatriates.
English and Hindi are widely spoken and English is used in all the official documentation or press releases.
In any case, we lose a golden opportunity to learn a new language!
I remember when I went to Madras(now Chennai), India in late 1990’s for higher studies and I had to learn Tamil because people seldom talk any other language but Tamil.
It made me ponder….why not I learn at least basic Arabic words. I started my lessons and I am proud today that I have learnt at least 15 new words in the last 1 month and use it wherever I get an opportunity to talk to an Arabic speaking person in basic Arabic words.
Here are the basic Arabic words that I learnt and some in the process of learning:
Basic Arabic Words for conversation:
|Assalam Alaikum||Peace be Upon you|
|Reply: Wa Alaikum Assalam||And Peace be Upon you|
|We Aleikom Elsalam||Greetings|
|Sabah Al Khair||Good Morning|
|Reply: Sabah Al Noor|
|Masah Al Khair||Good Afternoon|
|Reply: Masah Al Noor|
|Kaifa Haalik? (also Keefak)||How are You?|
|Reply: Bi Khair, Zayn or Al Hamdu Lillah||Fine and Praise be to Allah|
|Ahlan wa Sahlan||Hello|
|Reply: Aafwaan||You are welcome.|
|La Shukran||No Thank You|
|A Ed min Fadlik||Kindly repeat|
|Kam Alsaaa||What is the time?|
|Titakkellem ingleezi?||Do you speak English|
|Inta Min Weyn?||Where are you from|
|Reply: Ana min India or Amreeka|
|Yaallah ||Come on or lets go|
|Mafi Mushkil ||No problem.|
|Yani||is a phrase used to mean like or you know|
|Wayn al hammam ||where is the washroom or bathroom or toilet?|
|Inshallah ||If Allah wishes|
|This word is heard the most. It denotes that if Allah wishes, our arrangement or deeds will be done.|
|Maashallah ||What Allah Wishes.|
|This Is Used In Praise Of Someone Or Something Or As A Complement.|
Conversational Arabic Words:
|Aywa||Yes or OK|
|Shoofi Mafi?||Whats up?|
|Shoo Hada?||What is this?|
|Taal Bukra||Come tomorrow|
|Ashoofook Bukra||See You Tomorrow|
|Aadhi||It is normal|
|Jebli Shai||Get Me Some Tea or Can I Have Some Tea Please?|
|Kallemni||Call Me or Talk To Me|
|Ma Adhri||I Dont Know|
|Maa- i- Khussni||Its Not My Problem|
|Inta Kida||Thumbs Up|
|Intaa Tabaan||Thumbs Down|
|Areed Areef||I Want To Know|
|Mumken Asaduq||Can I Help You?|
Miscellaneous Arabic Words: These Arabic words are used while having a conversation.
|Kam Al Ijara||How much is the rent?|
|Kullu Tamam||Everything OK.|
Useful basic Arabic words phrases when travelling :
|Shuwey Shuwey||Slower.(Slowly slowly)|
|Awwal||First or Number one.|
I hope that soon everybody picks up some basic Arabic words and Arabic phrases and starts conversing in Arabic. It is a beautiful language, I learnt.
Other great sources to Learn basic Arabic:
Learn Basic Arabic words and Arabic sentences through Videos:
Here are some great videos you could learn to speak basic Arabic words and phrases. Go through them in detail every day. I believe they are very useful for you to pick up some basic Arabic phrases/words:
I would like to thank Maha for her excellent Arabic video lessons.