UAE residence visa for parents or parents in law
Read updated Rules with regard to sponsoring parents here (Updated 14-11-2013)
Most of the expatriates have their parents in the home country who would like to relocate to UAE. A UAE resident can apply for the visa for their parents to live in the UAE. Most of the parents in their old age would love to be with their children or grand children.
Eligibility to apply for UAE residence visa for parents
To be eligible to apply for UAE residence visa for parents, the sponsor or UAE resident expatriate must be holding valid UAE residence visa and have a minimum salary of AED 6,000 with accommodation or AED 7,000 without accommodation. This visa is renewable every year.
The new regulations mention that both the parents need to be sponsored, ie both your father and mother need to be sponsored and you must furnish the proof that you are the sole provider and that there is no one to take care of them in your home country. If one of your parents is diseased or is separated, then a valid and attested proof is necessary for the same. A medical insurance is a must with a minimum coverage of AED 600 per annum.
Documents required for UAE entry visa for parents:
• Duly Typed application form at a registered typing centre.
• Original passport of sponsor (UAE resident).
• Passport copy of parents & 1 photo each.
• Proof of relationship is to be obtained from your embassy/consulate attesting both relationship and that you are sole provider for your parents.
• Copy of job contract for the sponsor or salary certificate from employer.
In addition, you require a 2 bed room apartment along with the electricity and water bill. The tenancy contract has to be stamped at Land Department in Dubai and respective departments.
Procedure to obtain UAE Entry Visa:
Below are the procedures to obtain UAE entry visa:
• Take the documents and go to General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai. Submit along with a letter from your side appealing on humanitarian grounds for entry visa for your parents. Enclose copies of all above documents along with your contact numbers. The Approval Committee will either confirm or reject your application within two weeks. If approved, go to next step.
• Have a registered typist complete the form after paying the fees. This will take a maximum of 15 minutes.
• Go to the residency section of DNRD and hand in the documents.
• Entry Permit will be sent by Empost usually within 48 hours, or if you have applied for urgent visa, then you should receive it from the counter in a few minutes. This is the pink colored sheet of paper with relevant details.
Fees applicable for UAE entry visa:
Fees for UAE entry visa are standard:
- AED 5,000 refundable deposit (keep receipt safely for renewal or reimbursement, as this is paid back only when the visa is cancelled or in case your parent dies)
- AED 110 application fee + typing centre fee (or pay AED 100 more for urgent application)
Convert entry visa to residence visa for parents. Once your parents enter the country with the entry visa, you must convert it to a residency visa no later than 60 days from the date of entry.
Documents required for UAE residence visa for parents:
• Application form & 3 photos of parent
• Original passport of parents and sponsor
• Original entry permit
• Health card or medical insurance policy for parents
• Refundable deposit receipt
• Original job contract or salary certificate of the sponsor
Fees for UAE Residence Visa for parents :
– AED 110 residency fees each year + typing centre fee
– AED 100 urgent application (optional)
– AED 10 Empost fees
Procedure for UAE Residence Visa for parents:
• Do a health check-up and obtain a medical card.
• Take the documents and go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai.
• Have one of the typists there complete the form for you after paying the fees.
• Go to the residency section and hand in the documents.
• The passport/s with the residency visa stamp will be sent to you through Empost.
The same procedure is applicable for parents in law.
Follow these steps for a speedy visa process. Cut the agents or middlemen. Apply and get UAE residence visa for your parents yourself.