Traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE
Table of Contents
- Traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE
- List of RTA Traffic Fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE:
- SL NoDescriptionFines amount in AEDBlack PointsVehicle Confiscation Period1Driving dangerously (racing)20001230 Days2Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or similar substancesDecided by court2460 Days3Driving a vehicle without number plates10002460 Days4Causing death of othersDecided by court1230 Days5Not stopping after causing an accident that resulted in injuriesDecided by court2460 Days6Reckless driving20001230 Days7Exceeding maximum speed limit by more than 60km/h10001230 Days8Driving in a way that is dangerous to the public10001230 Days9Jumping a red light800815 Days10Running away from a traffic policeman8001230 Days11Dangerous overtaking by trucks8002460 Days12Causing a car to overturnDecided by court8-13Causing serious injuriesDecided by court8-14Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 60km/h9006-15Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 50km/h800--16Overtaking on the hard shoulder6001030 days17Entering road dangerously6006-18Causing moderate injuryDecided by court6-19Heavy vehicle lane discipline6006-20Overtaking from a prohibited place6006-21Causing serious damage to a vehicleDecided by court6-22Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 40km/h700--23Parking in fire hydrant places, spaces allocated for people with special needs and ambulance parking10004-24Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 30km/h600--25Driving against traffic4004-26Allowing children under 10 years old to sit in the front seat of a vehicle4004-27Failure to fasten seat belt while driving4004-28Failure to leave a safe distance4004-29Failure to follow the directions of a traffic policeman--30Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 20km/h500--31Entering a road without ensuring that it is clear4004-32Exceeding permitted level of car window tinting500-30 Days33Not giving way to emergency, police and public service vehicles or official convoys5004-34Driving a heavy vehicle that does not comply with safety and security conditions500-30 Days35Failure to stop after causing an accident500--36Driving a noisy vehicle500-30 Days37Allowing others to drive a vehicle for which they are unlicensed500--38Loading a heavy vehicle in a way that may pose danger to others or to the road50067 Days39Overload or protruding load from a heavy vehicle without permission5006 7 Days40Driving a vehicle that causes pollution500--41Stopping on the road for no reason5004-42Stopping on a yellow box500--43Not giving pedestrians way on pedestrian crossings5006-44Failure to abide by traffic signs and directions500--45Throwing waste from vehicles onto roads5004-46Refusing to give traffic police name and address when required500--47Stopping vehicle on the left side of the road in prohibited places500--48Stopping vehicle on pedestrian crossing500--49Teaching driving in a training vehicle that does not bear a learning sign500--50Teaching driving in a non-training vehicle without permission from licensing authority500--51Placing marks on the road that may damage the road or block traffic500--52Operating industrial, construction and mechanical vehicles and tractors without permission from licensing authority500-7 Days53Modifying vehicles engine without permission400--54Modifying vehicles chasses without permission400--55Changing vehicles color without permission400--56Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 10km/h400--57Driving with a driving license issued by a foreign country except in permitted cases400--58Violating the terms of the driving license300--59Parking behind vehicles and blocking their movement300--60Towing a vehicle or a boat with an unprepared vehicle300--61Driving a vehicle that omits gases or fumes with substances exceeding permitted rates300--62Leaving a vehicle on the road with its engine running300--63No lights on the back or sides of trailer container200--64Lights on the back or sides of container not working200--65Taxis, which have designated pickup areas, stopping in undesignated places2004-66Prohibited entry2004-67Blocking traffic200--68Vehicle unfit for driving200-7 Days69Driving a light vehicle that does not comply with safety and security conditions200-7 Days70Not lifting exhaust of trucks200-7 Days71Not covering loads of trucks3000-7 Days72Using vehicle for purposes other than designated20047 Days73Heavy vehicle prohibited entry20047 Days74Violating loading or unloading regulations in parking2004 7 Days75Carrying and transporting passengers illegally20047 Days76Writing phrases or placing stickers on vehicle without permission200--77Not taking road safety measures during vehicle breakdowns200--78Turning at undesignated points2004-79Turning the wrong way2004-80Loading a light vehicle in a way that may pose a danger to others or to the road20037 Days81Overload or protruding load on light vehicles without permission20037 Days82Stopping vehicle without keeping the distance specified by the law from a curve or junction200--83Transporting passengers by vehicle undesignated for this purpose2004-84Sudden swerve2004-85Driving a taxi without required license2004-86Carrying passengers in driving training vehicle2004-87Driving a taxi with an expired warranty200--88Reversing dangerously200--89Taxi refusing to carry passengers2004-90Falling or leaking load30001230 Days91Not securing vehicle while parked200--92Parking in prohibited places2002-93Parking in loading and offloading areas without need200--94Parking on road shoulder except in cases of emergency200--95Using multi-colored lights200--96Not wearing helmet while driving motorbike2004-97Exceeding passenger limit2003-98Driving with tires in poor condition200-7 Days99Driving with an expired driving license2003-100Not renewing vehicle registration after expiry400--101Driving unlicensed vehicle200-7 Days102Violation of laws of using commercial number plates200--103Not fixing number plates in designated places2002-104Driving with one number plate2002-105Driving at night or in foggy weather without lights2004-106Using not matching number plates for trailer and container200--107Not fixing reflective stickers at the back of trucks and heavy vehicles200--108Not using indicators when changing direction or turning2003-109Not giving way for vehicles to pass on the left200--110Not giving way to vehicles coming from the left where required200--111Stopping a vehicle in a way that may pose danger or block traffic2003-112Failure to have vehicle examined after carrying out major modification to engine or body200-7 Days113Using training vehicles outside of timings specified by licensing authority200--114Using training vehicles in places not designated by licensing authority200--115Overtaking from the right2004-116Overtaking in a wrong way2003-117Driving an unlicensed vehicle200-7 Days118Abuse of parking space2003-119Number plates with unclear numbers2003-120Violating tariff2006-121Light vehicle lane discipline2002-122Parking vehicles on pavement2003-123Not showing vehicle registration card when required200--124Not showing driving license when required200--125Not fixing taxi sign where required200--126Not fixing a sign indicating licensed overload2003-127Using interior lights for no reason while driving100--128Failure to abide by specified color for taxis or training cars200--129Failure to display tariff of buses or taxis or not showing them when required200--130Broken lights2006-131Using horn in prohibited areas2002-132Driving below minimum speed limit200--133Failure to keep taxis and buses clean inside and outside200--134Smoking inside taxis and buses200--135Using hand-held mobile phone while driving2004-136Not abiding by taxi drivers obligatory uniform or not keeping it in good condition100--137Calling on passengers in the presence of signs100--138Not displaying trucks load on both sides100--139Not carrying driving license while driving100--140Not carrying vehicle registration card while driving100--141Driving without spectacles or contact lenses100--142Not using interior light in buses at night100--143Broken indicator lights1002-144Using horn in a disturbing way1002-145Having no red light at the back of vehicle100--146Opening left door of taxi1003-147Pedestrians crossing from undesignated places (If any existed)200--148Hand Gestures (Finger flicking, 2 Finger salute etc)30 days149Driving on dedicated RTA Bus or Taxi lanes600150Speed below minimum speed limit151Failure to maintain enough distance between other vehicles152Not wearing seat belts153Drivers using mobile phones154Heavy vehicles outside their designated lanes155Heavy vehicles outside their designated times on roads156Driving on the Hard Shoulder157Tailgating other vehicles4004
I always make it a point that I drive carefully on road for my personal safety and safety of other commuters on the road. And however careful you are, there may be times that you just forget to renew your parking ticket or you just the red light and get a traffic fine. For me, it is always be careful than to be sorry!
Many of us may not be aware of the various fines that are imposed on various violations in Dubai. You can always check your traffic fines online on Dubai Police Site, Abu Dhabi Police site or RTA site.
Traffic fines are avoidable through following ways:
- Don’t drive rash, however tempting it is, especially on Sheikh Zayed Road. The maximum speed in most highways is 120 Kilometers per hour with an upper limit of 20 Kilometers.
- Follow lane discipline. Respect other drivers by giving a courtesy indicator while changing lanes.
- Always drive with valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle registration. You do not want to get into legal mumbo-jumbo later.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Respect traffic signals. If the green light starts blinking, stop your vehicle at the signal.
- Do not flash other vehicles unless it is emergency. This is RUDE!
List of RTA Traffic Fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE:
There are around 150 RTA traffic fines that can be imposed if you are found violating them.
Below is the list of RTA traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE. The below traffic fines include description, fines in Dirhams, Black points if applicable and vehicle confiscation days.
Always be alert while driving and avoid traffic fines. You can do wonderful things with the saved money!