RTA Traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE
Table of Contents
- RTA Traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE
- List of RTA Traffic Fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE:
- RTA Traffic Fines - DescriptionFines amount in AEDBlack PointsVehicle Confiscation PeriodDriving dangerously (racing)2000-60 DaysDriving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or similar substancesDecided by court2360 DaysDriving a vehicle without number plates30002390 DaysCausing death of othersDecided by court1230 DaysNot stopping after causing an accident that resulted in injuriesDecided by court2460 DaysReckless driving20001230 DaysExceeding maximum speed limit by more than 60km/h20001230 DaysDriving in a way that is dangerous to the public10001230 DaysJumping a red light10001230 DaysRunning away from a traffic policeman8001230 DaysDangerous overtaking by trucks8002460 DaysCausing a car to overturnDecided by court8-Causing serious injuriesDecided by court8-Speeding (over limit) 80km/hour30002360 daysSpeeding (over limit) 60km/hour20001230 DaysSpeeding by not more than 60km/h1500615 DaysSpeeding by not more than 50km/h1000--Speeding by not more than 40km/h700--Speeding by not more than 30km/h600--Speeding by not more than 20km/h300--Overtaking on the hard shoulder10006Entering road dangerously6006-Causing moderate injuryDecided by court6-Heavy vehicle lane discipline6006-Overtaking from a prohibited place6006-Causing serious damage to a vehicleDecided by court6-Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 40km/h700--Parking in fire hydrant places, spaces allocated for people with special needs and ambulance parking10004-Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 30km/h600--Driving against traffic4004-Allowing children under 10 years old or shorter than 145 cm to sit in the front seat of a vehicle4004-Failure to fasten seat belt while driving4004-Failure to leave a safe distance4004-Failure to follow the directions of a traffic policeman--Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 20km/h500--Entering a road without ensuring that it is clear4004-Exceeding permitted level of car window tinting1500--Not giving way to emergency, police and public service vehicles or official convoys5004-Driving a heavy vehicle that does not comply with safety and security conditions500-30 DaysFailure to stop after causing an accident500--Driving a noisy vehicle20006Allowing others to drive a vehicle for which they are unlicensed500--Loading a heavy vehicle in a way that may pose danger to others or to the road50067 DaysOverload or protruding load from a heavy vehicle without permission5006 7 DaysDriving a vehicle that causes pollution500--Stopping on the road for no reason5004-Stopping on a yellow box500--Not giving pedestrians way on pedestrian crossings5006-Failure to abide by traffic signs and directions500--Throwing waste from vehicles onto roads5004-Refusing to give traffic police name and address when required500--Stopping vehicle on the left side of the road in prohibited places500--Stopping vehicle on pedestrian crossing500--Teaching driving in a training vehicle that does not bear a learning sign500--Teaching driving in a non-training vehicle without permission from licensing authority500--Placing marks on the road that may damage the road or block traffic500--Operating industrial, construction and mechanical vehicles and tractors without permission from licensing authority500-7 DaysModifying vehicles engine without permission400--Modifying vehicles chasses without permission400--Changing vehicles color without permission400--Exceeding maximum speed limit by not more than 10km/h400--Driving with a driving license issued by a foreign country except in permitted cases400--Violating the terms of the driving license300--Parking behind vehicles and blocking their movement300--Towing a vehicle or a boat with an unprepared vehicle300--Driving a vehicle that omits gases or fumes with substances exceeding permitted rates300--Leaving a vehicle on the road with its engine running300--No lights on the back or sides of trailer container200--Lights on the back or sides of container not working200--Taxis, which have designated pickup areas, stopping in undesignated places2004-Prohibited entry2004-Blocking traffic1000--Vehicle unfit for driving200-7 DaysDriving a light vehicle that does not comply with safety and security conditions200-7 DaysNot lifting exhaust of trucks200-7 DaysNot covering loads of trucks3000-7 DaysUsing vehicle for purposes other than designated20047 DaysHeavy vehicle prohibited entry20047 DaysViolating loading or unloading regulations in parking2004 7 DaysCarrying and transporting passengers illegally10001230 DaysWriting phrases or placing stickers on vehicle without permission200--Not taking road safety measures during vehicle breakdowns200--Turning at undesignated points2004-Turning the wrong way2004-Loading a light vehicle in a way that may pose a danger to others or to the road20037 DaysOverload or protruding load on light vehicles without permission20037 DaysStopping vehicle without keeping the distance specified by the law from a curve or junction200--Transporting passengers by vehicle undesignated for this purpose2004-Sudden swerve1000--Driving a taxi without required license2004-Carrying passengers in driving training vehicle2004-Driving a taxi with an expired warranty200--Reversing dangerously200--Taxi refusing to carry passengers2004-Falling or leaking load30001230 DaysNot securing vehicle while parked200--Parking in prohibited places2002-Parking in loading and offloading areas without need200--Parking on road shoulder except in cases of emergency200--Using multi-colored lights200--Not wearing helmet while driving motorbike2004-Exceeding passenger limit2003-Driving with tires in poor condition200-7 DaysDriving with an expired driving license2003-Not renewing vehicle registration after expiry500-7 DaysDriving unlicensed vehicle200-7 DaysViolation of laws of using commercial number plates200--Not fixing number plates in designated places2002-Driving with one number plate2002-Driving at night or in foggy weather without lights2004-Using not matching number plates for trailer and container200--Not fixing reflective stickers at the back of trucks and heavy vehicles200--Not using indicators when changing direction or turning2003-Not giving way for vehicles to pass on the left200--Not giving way to vehicles coming from the left where required200--Stopping a vehicle in a way that may pose danger or block traffic2003-Failure to have vehicle examined after carrying out major modification to engine or body200-7 DaysUsing training vehicles outside of timings specified by licensing authority200--Using training vehicles in places not designated by licensing authority200--Overtaking from the right2004-Overtaking in a wrong way2003-Driving an unlicensed vehicle200-7 DaysAbuse of parking space2003-Number plates with unclear numbers2003-Violating tariff2006-Light vehicle lane discipline2002-Parking vehicles on pavement2003-Not showing vehicle registration card when required200--Not showing driving license when required200--Not fixing taxi sign where required200--Not fixing a sign indicating licensed overload2003-Using interior lights for no reason while driving100--Failure to abide by specified color for taxis or training cars200--Failure to display tariff of buses or taxis or not showing them when required200--Broken lights2006-Using horn in prohibited areas2002-Driving below minimum speed limit200--Failure to keep taxis and buses clean inside and outside200--Smoking inside taxis and buses200--Motorists distracted by mobile phones8004-Not abiding by taxi drivers obligatory uniform or not keeping it in good condition100--Calling on passengers in the presence of signs100--Not displaying trucks load on both sides100--Not carrying driving license while driving100--Not carrying vehicle registration card while driving100--Driving without spectacles or contact lenses100--Not using interior light in buses at night100--Broken indicator lights1002-Using horn in a disturbing way1002-Having no red light at the back of vehicle100--Opening left door of taxi1003-Pedestrians crossing from undesignated places (If any existed)200--Hand Gestures (Finger flicking, 2 Finger salute etc)30 daysDriving on dedicated RTA Bus or Taxi lanes600Speed below minimum speed limitFailure to maintain enough distance between other vehiclesNot wearing seat beltsDrivers using mobile phonesHeavy vehicles outside their designated lanesHeavy vehicles outside their designated times on roadsDriving on the Hard ShoulderTailgating other vehicles4004Worst Violations300090 daysVehicle without number plateFine24Seatbelt Violation400 per passenger including back seatQuad bikes/RVs (caught driving on highways or residential areas)300030 days
- How to check and pay your traffic fines?
- Abu Dhabi Traffic Fines inquiry
- Dubai RTA Traffic Fines inquiry
- Sharjah Traffic Fines inquiry
- Dubai Police Traffic Fines inquiry
I always make it a point that I drive carefully on road for my personal safety and safety of other commuters on the road. And however careful you are, there may be times that you just forget to renew your parking ticket or you just the red light and get a traffic fine. For me, it is always be careful than to be sorry!
Many of us may not be aware of the various fines that are imposed on various violations in Dubai. You can always check your traffic fines online on Dubai Police Site, Abu Dhabi Police site or RTA site.
Traffic fines are avoidable through following ways:
- Don’t drive rash, however tempting it is, especially on Sheikh Zayed Road. The maximum speed in most highways is 120 Kilometers per hour with an upper limit of 20 Kilometers.
- Follow lane discipline. Respect other drivers by giving a courtesy indicator while changing lanes.
- Always drive with valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle registration. You do not want to get into legal mumbo-jumbo later.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Respect traffic signals. If the green light starts blinking, stop your vehicle at the signal.
- Do not flash other vehicles unless it is emergency. This is RUDE!
List of RTA Traffic Fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE:
There are around 167 RTA traffic fines offence that can be imposed if you are found violating them.
Below is the list of RTA traffic fines in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE.
The below traffic fines include Description, fines in Dirhams, Black points if applicable and vehicle confiscation days.
Always be alert while driving and avoid traffic fines. You can do wonderful things with the saved money!
Please also read articles related to updated traffic fines by Khaleej Times.
How to check and pay your traffic fines?
There are various ways in which you could check your traffic fines. You can also pay traffic fines online with these services:
Dubai Job Tips and UAE Labour Law!
When you are an Emirates Diary Subscriber, you will get simple and easy to follow Job Tips for Dubai and Learn UAE Labour Law, for FREE!!