Spouse Visa in UAE + Work
If you are living in the UAE on your spouse’s sponsorship, MOHRE provides the option for issuing a work permit under the residence visa issued by a relative. In order to work in the UAE, you need to have a work permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
The work permit can be issued for a wife on her husband’s sponsorship, as well as a husband on a wife’s sponsorship. If a woman, over the age of 18 is under the sponsorship of her father, she is also eligible to work legally and a work permit can be applied for.
What are the documents required by your employer when you are on a spouse or dependent visa:
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your sponsor/relative.
- Passport sized colour photograph with white background
- Emirates ID
- Education certificate attested if the designation is a skilled profession
- Copy of your passport and visa valid for at least six months
- Copy of your sponsor’s (spouse’s ) passport and visa page valid for at least six months
- For specialised professions like doctors, engineers, nurses or teachers, an approval letter issued by the competent authority is required
Your company will then apply for a work permit for a certain duration as agreed by both employer and employee. When the duration of the work permit is over, the work permit is automatically canceled. If the employee wishes to continue working, a new work permit would need to be applied for.
Dubai Airport Rules: What Not to Bring for a Smooth Trip Getting ready for a trip through Dubai Airport? Be aware of the Banned items at Dubai Airport .Well, it's important to know the rules to...
Leaving Dubai Guide: Steps for a Stress-Free Transition Leaving Dubai or UAE can be tough, especially when your visa or work contract is ending. It needs careful planning, whether you're leaving...