UAE Family Residence Visas: Processing time and Requirement
Getting UAE family residence visa is a manageable process that typically takes about a week. According to experts, if all your documents are in order, you can expect to complete the entire application within seven working days.
Here’s a breakdown of what you need to know about UAE Family Residence Visa
- Processing Time: Typically, the visa application can be completed within a week, pending approval. Sometimes, approvals come quickly, even within the same day.
- Costs Involved: The cost varies depending on factors such as whether your family members are already in the UAE or abroad, the need for medical fitness tests, and the duration of the visa. For example, there are charges for file opening, entry permit, change of status (if applicable), medical fitness tests, Emirates ID, and visa stamping.
- Factors Affecting Costs: The final cost of the visa is influenced by whether the family members are in the country or abroad, if they require medical fitness tests, and the duration of the visa.
- Exemptions: Children under 18 may not require medical fitness tests, and those under 15 may not need Emirates ID biometrics.
- Application Process: You need to apply for an entry permit, either if your family is outside the UAE or already on a visit visa within the country. Applying for a change of status for those already in the UAE will incur additional costs.
- Additional Fees: If you choose to use a typing center or agent for your application, expect to pay an additional service fee.
By understanding these key points and following the application process diligently, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience in obtaining a family residence visa in the UAE.
Essential Requirements for Sponsoring Your UAE Family Residence Visa
To bring your family to the UAE, you first need to make sure you have a valid residence visa, like a work visa or a self-sponsored visa. Once that’s sorted, here are nine things you need to know:
- You must have a valid residence permit/visa.
- You need to meet a minimum salary requirement, either Dh4,000 or Dh3,000 plus accommodation.
- Family members above 18 must pass medical fitness tests.
- Apply for their residence visa within 60 days of their entry or within 120 days for newborns.
- Both parents must be sponsored together, unless divorced or one has passed away.
- Parents’ visas are granted yearly, and you need to meet salary requirements.
- You can sponsor unmarried daughters with no age restrictions.
- Sons can be sponsored until 25, or without age restrictions if they are People of Determination.
- Stepchildren can be sponsored with certain conditions, like a deposit and NOC from the biological parent.
Documents needed for UAE Family Residence Visa (sponsoring wife, children and Parents)are:
- Marriage certificate (attested by both home and UAE ministries) for spouse sponsorship.
- Original birth certificates (attested) for children sponsorship.
- Valid passports (with at least 6 months validity).
- Passport-sized photos taken against a white background.
- Copy of registered tenancy contract.
- Salary Certificate and Employment contract
Remember, if your visa is canceled, your family’s visas are too. They have six months to sort out a new permit, or you might face fines.
Steps to Get Your UAE Family Residence Visa in Dubai and Other Emirates
If you’re in Dubai, the Amer services handle visa procedures for UAE Family Residence Visa
Visit an Amer center with your original Emirates ID. These centers are spread across malls and online (amer247.com). Apply and receive an e-visa within 48 hours.
For medical tests, choose a convenient Dubai Health Authority (DHA) center. HIV, tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, and syphilis tests are conducted.
For Emirates ID, visit a Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship center with family members’ applications and your Emirates ID.
Health insurance is mandatory. Apply for the Essential Benefits Plan.
Lastly, get the visa stamped by visiting an Amer center with medical reports, Emirates ID applications, original passports, health insurance papers, and your Emirates ID. Expect passport delivery via courier service.
For other emirates, apply for an entry permit (tasheera) and Emirates ID similarly. Visit Ministry of Health and Prevention centers for medical tests. Health insurance is advised. Stamp the visa and await passport delivery.
Follow these steps to smoothly obtain your UAE family residence visa in Dubai and other emirates.
Planning Your Dream Dubai Trip from India? Here's Your Essential Dubai Visa Guide Dubai, with its towering skyscrapers, luxurious lifestyle, and vibrant culture, has become a magnet for tourists...
Liquor License in Dubai Interested in obtaining an alcohol license in Dubai? Whether you're a resident or a tourist, understanding the process and regulations is essential. Dubai, known for its...