Here’s what you need to know on New UAE Visa Rules 2022
The new UAE visa rules 2022 for entry and residence increases competitiveness and flexibility of the job market by attracting and retaining global talents and skilled workers from all over the world. Furthermore, it supports business growth by fostering stability and creating an investment climate.
New UAE visa rules 2022 for UAE Entry and Residency Visa are scheduled to take effect in September 2022.
Under the new system, visitors can stay for 60 days rather than 30 days, rather than 30 days currently. Parents may now sponsor their male children up to the age of 25, allowing them to remain in the UAE after school and university. New visas require no host or sponsor, offer more flexibility, multi-entry, 60-day validity, and a single platform to apply for them.
The new system for residence visas and entry permits provides customised benefits to each of the four categories of investors, skilled employees, self-employed people, and family members.
New UAE Visa Rules 2022 on Golden Residence visa for 10 years
The UAE has now made considerable adjustments to the Golden Visa categories to make it simpler for persons to qualify and expand the range of beneficiaries.
As per the New UAE Visa Rules 2022, Following categories are granted Golden Residence visa for 10 years in order to attract talents and highly skilled workers and professionals and boost the investment environment and foster business success and growth.
Family members, including spouses and children, can now be sponsored by Golden Residence holders without restrictions, regardless of their age. Furthermore, domestic labourers may now be sponsored without any limit. The new rules also permit them to stay in the UAE for an unlimited period of time.
- Investors– Public investment and Real estate investment – Real estate investors can obtain Golden Residence when purchasing a property that worth no less than AED 2 million.
- Entrepreneurs-Owner of a registered successful startup, approved idea of a startup, Previous founder of a successful startup that was sold inside or outside the UAE. An entrepreneurs should own or be a partner in a startup registered in the country in small and medium enterprise category and generates annual revenues of not less than AED 1 million.
- Exceptional Talents– Culture & Art, Inventors & Innovators, Sports, Digital technology, Other Vital Fields. It requires the recommendation or approval of a federal or local government entity. It is awarded based on talent only regardless of the educational qualification employment status, monthly salary or professional level.
- Scientist and Professionals-Scientist, Chief Executive and Senior Professionals, Science Professionals, Engineering Professionals, Health Professionals, Education Professionals, Business and Administrative Professionals, Information Technology Professionals, Legal, Social and Cultural Professionals. Scientist: The candidate should be a PhD or master’s degree in the disciplines of engineering, technology, life sciences and natural sciences form the best universities in the world, as well as substantial research achievements. They must be recommended by the Emirates Scientists Council. Professionals: The applicants should have a valid employment contracts in the UAE and should be classified in the first or second occupational level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation classification, which is aligned with the International Standard of Classification of Occupations ISCO by the International Labour Organisation. The minimum educational level must be a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and the monthly salary should not be less than AED 30000.
- Outstanding students and graduates-Best performing students in secondary schools, Best graduates from UAE Universities, Graduates of the best 100 universities worldwide.
- Humanitarian Pioneers– Distinguished members of international and regional organisations, Outstanding members of associations of public benefit, Recipients of recognitions awards in humanitarian fields, Distinguished volunteers and sponsors of humanitarian efforts.
- Frontline Heroes-Frontline workers with extraordinary efforts in crisis like Covid- 19 Pandemic
Benefits of Golden Visa:
- 10 years renewable residence
- No sponsor or employer required
- Duration of stay outside the UAE does not nullify the Golden residence
- Residence for family members including spouse and children with no age limit
- No maximum number of support service laborers
- In the event of death of the original holder of the Golden Residence, family members can stay in the UAE till the end of their residence permit
- Entry visa valid for 6 months with multiple entries to proceed with the residence issuance
New UAE Visa Rules 2022 on Residence visa in the UAE
As per the New UAE Visa Rules 2022 The UAE Green Visa has seen a number of significant improvements, including a new five-year residence track, geared towards attracting skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs. In addition to simplifying and facilitating all residence types, the grace periods for all residence types have been extended by up to six months, to accommodate the family members of those who lost or expired their residence permits.
- Standard employment residence-2 years
- Green residence for skilled employees-5 years -No sponsor/employer required- The applicant should have a valid employment contract, and should be classified in the first, second or third occupational level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. The minimum educational level must be a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and the salary should not be less than AED 15000. This is apart from the standard employment residence visa, which is offered for two years
- Green residence for free lancers (self employment)-5 years -No sponsor/employer required-It requires obtaining a freelance/self employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. The minimum educational level must be a bachelor’s degree or specialised diploma and the annual income from self employment for the previous two years should not be less than AED 360000 or that the applicant proves financial solvency throughout his/her stay in the country.
- Green residence for Investors and Partners-5 years – No sponsor required- Requirements include approval of the investment and proof of investment. If the investor (partner) has more than one licence, the total invested capital will be calculated. Approval of the competent local authorities is mandatory.
- Education residence for students enrolled in Educational Entities-2 years- sponsored by a licensed educational establishment in the UAE.
- Family members residence– The resident can sponsor his/her family members including spouse and children till the age of 25 and unmarried daughters regardless of their age. The children of determination are granted a residence permit, regardless of age. The green residence holder can sponsor first degree relatives. The duration of family members residence shall be the same as their sponsor’s residence duration.
- Remote work residence– 1 year- No sponsor required
- Retirement residence -5 years – No sponsor required
- Real estate owner’s residence -2 years – No sponsor required
- Humanitarian cases– A female resident whom her UAE husband passed away and she has child or more A parents or children of UAE citizen who hold foreign passports Spouse and children of GCC citizen who hold foreign passports.
All the above residents permit can be renewed for similar periods.
New UAE Visa Rules 2022 on UAE Entry Visa
The UAE has for the first time created 11 diverse types of entry visas that do not require a host or sponsor, for various reasons. In addition to meeting the demands of visitors and their purposes for visiting, the new entry visas also offer varied periods of stay. All entry visas will now be available for single or multiple entries and may be valid for 60 days after issuance. They may also be renewed for similar periods.
- Tourist Visa -Sponsored by Tourism Establishment
- Multi Entry Tourist Visa-5 Years without host/sponsor- it allows the person to stay in the country up to 90 continuous days, and it may be extended for a similar period, provided that the entire period of stay does not exceed 180 days in one year. This visa requires proof of having a bank balance of US $4000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies during the last six months prior to submitting the application.
- Visit relatives or friends-No/host sponsor Required – A visitor can apply for this entry permit if he/she is relative or fiend of a UAE citizen or resident.
- Temporary work mission-Working on temporary projects or probationary periods. It requires temporary work contract or a letter from the employer clarifying the visit purpose and proof of health fitness to work.
- Explore Job opportunities-Easy entry for young talents and skilled workers to explore job opportunities without requiring a host/sponsor in the UAE. It is granted to those classified in the first or second or third skill level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and fresh graduates of the best 500 universities in the world and the minimum educational level should be a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Explore Business opportunities-Easy entry to explore investment and business opportunities without requiring a host/sponsor in the UAE.
- Medical Treatment-Sponsored by a Medical Establishment.
- Study or Training-Sponsored by educational entities or public and private entities for training and Internship programs. It requires a letters form the entity, clarifying the details of teh study or training or internship programme and its duration.
- Diplomatic Affairs-For holders of diplomatic, special and UN passports
- Emergency-Individual who are in transit, sailors, flight crews, medical and flight emergencies can apply for emergency visa
- GCC Residents– Residents of GCC and their family members.
Dubai Airport Rules: What Not to Bring for a Smooth Trip Getting ready for a trip through Dubai Airport? Be aware of the Banned items at Dubai Airport .Well, it's important to know the rules to...
Leaving Dubai Guide: Steps for a Stress-Free Transition Leaving Dubai or UAE can be tough, especially when your visa or work contract is ending. It needs careful planning, whether you're leaving...