How can you keep your family visa hold in UAE?
If you are planning to move jobs, transfer your visa from one sponsor to another having your family under your sponsorship, you do not need to worry. The UAE’s immigration authorities have provided the option of a hold service where you can keep your dependent’s visa on hold until you transfer your visa from your existing sponsor to the new sponsor. The visa can be put on hold for a maximum of 60 days.
How can you apply for the visa hold service in UAE?
You can apply for this service :
- by visiting an Amer service center in Dubai or
- at the service center of the Federal Authority for Identity and citizenship (ICA) in any other emirate.
What are the hold visa service procedures in UAE?
The procedure is simple:
- Step 1: Your labor card needs to be canceled by your existing employer.
- Step 2: Visit an Amer centre or an ICA customer happiness centre and place in the request for putting your family visa on hold.
- Step 3: Cancel your existing employment visa.
- Step 4: Send the cancellation request to your new employer and Request to process your new residence visa application
- Step 5: Once it is stamped, you can remove the hold on your family’s visa.
Once you submit your new residence visa copy to the Amer or ICA center The deposit amount will then be refunded.
What are the documents required to hold family visa in UAE?
If you are transferring sponsorship between a mainland company to another mainland company, these are the documents you would need to submit:
- Holding application
- Labour cancellation documents from current employer
- New company offer letter from MOHRE (salary and profession)
- Sponsor and dependents’ original passport & Original Emirates ID
The residence visa for the sponsored should have a minimum validity of 3 months
The visa can be put on hold for a maximum of 60 days.
What are the Fees for keeping your family visa on hold?
- Holding application – Dh75
- Refundable deposit – Dh2,500
- Each passport’s holding fee – Dh141
If the hold is lifted before 60 days, the deposit amount will be refunded. Otherwise, the amount will be lost.
A security deposit is not required when holding the visas of family members of Golden Visa holders.
Transferring your family visa from Freezone to mainland
- Holding application
- End-of-service document
- New company offer letter from MOHRE
- Sponsor and dependents’ original passport
Can the family member travel if their visa are on hold?
The dependent visa must be valid for at least 6 months to have them put on hold. Family members whose visa are on hold are not able to travel during the new visa process of their sponsor and it is required for dependents to be in the country during the process.
You cannot hold family visa if they are out of the UAE on vacation.
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...