How can you keep your family visa hold in UAE?
If you are planning to move jobs, transfer your visa from one sponsor to another having your family under your sponsorship, you do not need to worry. The UAE’s immigration authorities have provided the option of a hold service where you can keep your family visa hold until you transfer your visa from your existing sponsor to the new sponsor. Individuals interested in changing their UAE residence visa from one sponsoring entity to another can now do so via ‘hold service’ in the UAE immigration authorities.
The visa can be put on hold for a maximum of 60 days. You can keep the family visa hold service only on the emirate you are living in.
A family sponsor can tell the authorities that he or she does not want to cancel the family’s visa, but would prefer to put it on hold instead, while he or she changes sponsors for work, using the service.
To find out more about family visa hold or dependent visa hold process please consult the provided guide.
Applying for the Family Visa Hold service in UAE
You can apply for family visa hold service through:
- visiting an Amer service center in Dubai or
- the service center of the Federal Authority for Identity and citizenship (ICA) in any other emirate.
Procedures for Family Visa Hold in UAE
The procedure is simple. To keep the family visa hold you may follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Your labor card needs to be canceled by your existing employer.
- Step 2: Visit an Amer centre or an ICA customer happiness centre and place in the request for putting your family visa on hold.
- Step 3: Cancel your existing employment visa.
- Step 4: Send the cancellation request to your new employer and Request to process your new residence visa application
- Step 5: Once it is stamped, you can remove the hold on your family’s visa.
Once you submit your new residence visa copy to the Amer or ICA center The deposit amount will then be refunded.
Documents required to Family Visa Hold in UAE
If you are transferring sponsorship between a mainland company to another mainland company, these are the documents you would need to submit for family visa hold procedure:
- Holding application
- Labour cancellation documents from current employer
- New company offer letter from MOHRE (salary and profession)
- Sponsor and dependents’ original passport & Original Emirates ID
If you are transferring sponsorship between a free zone to mainland these are the documents you need to submit for family visa hold procedure:
- Holding application
- End of service document
- New company offer letter from MOHRE
- Sponsor and dependents’ original Passport
If you are transferring sponsorship between a free zone to free zone these are the documents you need to submit for family visa hold procedure:
- End of service letter from Free Zone authority.
- Job offer letter from new company.
The residence visa for the sponsored should have a minimum validity of 3 months
The visa can be put on hold for a maximum of 60 days.
Fees for keeping your Family Visa Hold
You need to pay the below fees while keeping your family visa hold:
- Holding application – Dh75
- Refundable deposit – Dh2,500
- Each passport’s holding fee – Dh141
If the hold is lifted before 60 days, the deposit amount will be refunded. Otherwise, the amount will be lost. A security deposit is not required when holding the visas of family members of Golden Visa holders.
Clear family visa hold and Refund Procedure:
- Show your new labour contract and New employment visa stamped on your passport to the Immigration Authority.
- Provide your original deposit receipt to the refund counter
- Get No Objection for refund seal from the counter
- Visit the Dubai Commercial Bank pay the commission and get your refund back
Travel during the family visa hold process
The dependent visa must be valid for at least 6 months to have them put on hold. Family members whose visa are on hold are not able to travel during the new visa process of their sponsor and it is required for dependents to be in the country during the process.
You cannot hold family visa if they are out of the UAE on vacation.
FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions on Family Visa Hold in Dubai, UAE
Can we hold family visa in UAE?
An expatriate who is having a valid residence visa in UAE can hold their family visa while changing the job provided he or she has an offer from another company.
Can I travel while my visa is on hold?
To hold the visa the dependent must be inside the country for the process. You cannot hold family visa if they are out of the UAE on vacation. Also, They will not be able travel once the visa has been put on hold.
How can I Unhold family visa in UAE?
Once you have your new residence visa stamp on your passport through your new employer you can visit any of the Amer Centre or ICA Customer happiness centre and ask for unhold family visa and request for the deposit amount.
How long can you hold family visa in Dubai?
Family Visa Hold can be for a maximum period of 60 days
Can you put your family visa on hold if you are switching jobs between Emirates?
No, you can not put your family visa on hold while switching jobs between Emirates. However, you can avail the service only on the emirate you are living in.
Where can I go to apply for the family visa hold service?
You can apply the service through:
Amer service center in Dubai
The service center of the Federal Authority for Identity and citizenship (ICA) in any other emirate
How do I get my refund back for family visa hold?
Show your new labour contract and New employment visa stamped on your passport along with the deposit receipt to the Immigration Authority
Get No Objection for refund seal from the counter
Visit the Dubai Commercial Bank pay the commission and get your refund back
Planning Your Dream Dubai Trip from India? Here's Your Essential Dubai Visa Guide Dubai, with its towering skyscrapers, luxurious lifestyle, and vibrant culture, has become a magnet for tourists...
Liquor License in Dubai Interested in obtaining an alcohol license in Dubai? Whether you're a resident or a tourist, understanding the process and regulations is essential. Dubai, known for its...