If you are visiting the UAE on a 30-day or 90-day tourist visa, you can extend your stay by applying to extend your visa through a travel agency or immigration office. You can only do this twice, so if you were here on a 30-day visa and want to stay longer, you’ll have to extend it twice as well. In this manner, you’ll be able to stay for 90 days or 30 days, twice as long as you originally planned.
You must apply for an extension of your visa before the date of expiration at least seven days before it occurs in order to prevent overstaying fines in the UAE. Therefore, make sure to check the expiration date of your visa on your entry pass and avoid any penalty.
You must provide the following documents when applying for a visa extension:
• Previous tourist visa copy
• Passport copy
• Clear passport size photo
You can apply for an extension of your tourist visa in one of the following ways:
- Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP)
- Amer Centre
- Typing Centre
- Travel Agency
1. Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP)
– To extend your visa, you will have the option to enter your tourist visa information in three ways:
• Passport information
• Visa file number – you can find the visa file number on your tourist e-visa document.
• Unified number (UID)
– Make the payment as per your extension request.
– You will receive the extended visa, if approved, through an email notification.
2. Amer centre
All visa applications in Dubai are processed at Amer centres. You must take a copy of your original visa with your passport when visiting an Amer centre. After paying the fee, your application will be processed.
3. Typing centre
There are several typing centres in the UAE that are authorised to process visa applications. You may apply for an extension online through one of these locations.
4. Travel agency
You can also apply for the extension through any travel and tourism agency in the UAE.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...