Effective February 2022, employees in the UAE will be able to avail of different types of leaves in addition to the annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave. This initiative has been taken as a part of UAE’s efforts to help employees to cater to their personal needs and to have a better work-life balance.
According to the new law:
- A worker shall be entitled to paid leave in the following cases:
a. Five days bereavement leave for death of the spouse, and three days bereavement leave for death of a parent, child, sibling, grandchild or grandparent, commencing from the date of death.
b. Paternal leave for five working days for the worker (father or mother) who had a child, in order to take care of his child. Such leave shall be taken successively or otherwise during the period of six months following the date of birth of the child.
c. Any other leaves specified by the Cabinet.
- A worker affiliated with, or attending educational institution in the UAE may be granted a study leave for 10 working days per year in order to sit examinations, provided that he has completed at least two years of service with his Employer.
- An Emirati worker shall be entitled to paid sabbatical leave for national or reserve service, pursuant to the legislation in force in the UAE.
- A proof shall be submitted from the concerned entities for above mentioned leaves
- The Executive Regulations shall determine the provisions on the grant and regulation of above mentioned leaves.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...