UAE labour law includes a set of duties and rights that employees and employers must comply with when working in the UAE. It is very important that both employee and employer are aware of these guidelines to ensure transparency and a balanced relationship between both.
Duties of the employer as per the UAE Labour Law:
- Once both the employer and employee signs the contract:
- Employer should extract a copy of the employment and give to employee
- Employer should enable the employee to perform his or her duties
- Employer should provide the employee with working hours and salary
- Employer should ensure accuracy when presenting any complaints or notices against an employee
- Employer should not obligate the employee to buy products from selected stores or employer
- Working hours should not exceeds eight working hours a day or 48 hours a week
- Employer should grant employee their annual leave
- Employer should not fire or notify employees during their vacation
- Employer must provide the employee with required occupational health and safety means
- Employer should secure a return ticket provided employee does not join another workplace in the country
- Employer must provide employee with compensation for occupational hazards and work injuries
Duties of employees under UAE Labour Law
- Do not assume a false identity or nationality nor provide false documents
- Do not commit a mistake that might result in heavy financial loss for the employer
- Do not violate your work’s safety environment instructions
- Do not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the working hours
- Do not assult your employer or colleagues or manager
- Do not skip work without giving a reason for more that 20 intermittent days or seven consecutive days during the year
These are specifically mentioned in Article 120 of UAE Labour Law, and if an employee violates these rules employer has the right to dismiss a worker without giving prior notice.
As per Article 120 of the UAE Labour Law Employer may also dismiss the employee without prior notice in the below cases:
- If the employee is appointed under a probationary period and dismissal occurs during the probationary period
- When the employee fails to performs his basic duties under the contract of employment and persist in violating them despite formal investigation with him in this respect and warning him of dismissal if the same is repeated
- If the employee divulges any secrets of the establishment when he is employed
- If he is awarded final judgment by the competent court in respect of an offence prejudicing honor honesty or public morals
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...