Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE!
Well, congratulations. So you have arrived newly in UAE and are looking for a job. I must say this will not be a bed of roses. Leaving your country and coming out of the comfort zone is the ultimate challenge that is really appreciable. You have done it, so congratulations. You most probably have come on visit or tourist visa and are looking for a job. Perfectly fine, I did that too!
Well, there is no rule book or a perfect guide to finding jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or any other emirate in the UAE. But here I will cover to my knowledge what are the things that you need to do.
Here they are:
1. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Learn as much as possible about UAE
There are umpteen ways in which you could learn about UAE. Nowadays you are not required to go to library. Everything is available at the fingertips on the internet. Just do a Google search and you will find tonnes of information on UAE.
2. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Use country specific job sites
I know that you have registered yourselves in Naukri.com or Monster.com but they are not specific to UAE. Use their own specific sites such as naukrigulf.com or monstergulf.com. Or better register yourselves at bayt.com which has a fair amount of coverage in UAE.
3. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Specify your available dates on the CV
Most of the people on visit visa looking for a job forget to mention what is the duration that they are in UAE. It is very important for employers to know when you are available in UAE. So, do write it in your CV specifically.
4. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Get a local telephone number
When in UAE, take up an Etisalat or DU number(You do not have a choice here) and put it specifically on your CV.
5. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Get a PO Box number or borrow from a friend.
Getting a PO Box number from your friend is a good way to let employers know that you are serious about your job in UAE. This helps in many ways as employers may not want to recruit anyone who do not have local address.
6. Essential Steps to Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE: Find and target your specific companies aggressively.
I found a novel way to target companies. I got a yellow pages book and target specific companies in UAE. Before even sending the CV, I called the company to know whether there were any vacancies or not. Few of them were courteous enough to let me know the vacancies.
Finally, be confident about what you have on your CV. Speak your heart out at interviews.
With the right attitude, you will definitely Find a Job in Dubai Abu Dhabi UAE.