Dubai Horse Riding Lessons as an After-School Activity
Dubai, a vibrant city in the United Arab Emirates, has many exciting after-school activities for kids. One of the most thrilling options is horse riding. Horse riding lessons is not just a sport but also teaches children discipline, patience, and a special bond with horses.
Spend any amount of time in Dubai, and it will become clear how important horse riding is to Emirati society. There is a genuine passion for horseback riding in Dubai, whether it be the Dubai World Cup at the Meydan racecourse or the pony rides provided at beaches and parks.
In this article, we will explore the best horse riding lessons in Dubai, what they offer so you can begin this amazing journey.
Benefits of Horse Riding Lessons:
Horse riding lessons offer several benefits for individuals and kids, and here are some of them :
- Cardiovascular Health: Riding a horse provides a cardiovascular workout, which means it gets your heart pumping and improves your heart health.
- Physical Fitness: Horse riding is a great form of exercise that helps improve balance, coordination, and overall strength. It engages various muscle groups and promotes better posture and flexibility.
- Core Strength: Horse riding engages your core muscles, including the abdomen and back, helping to develop strength and stability in these areas.
- Emotional Well-being: Interacting with horses and being around these gentle animals can have a calming and therapeutic effect, reducing stress and boosting mood. Horse riding also provides a sense of achievement and boosts self-confidence.
- Burning Calories: Horse riding is a physical activity that can burn calories, making it a fun way to stay active and potentially contribute to weight management.
- Lowering Blood Pressure: Regular horse riding can help lower blood pressure levels, which is beneficial for overall cardiovascular health.
- Decision-Making Skills: Horse riding requires riders to make quick decisions and communicate effectively with the horse. This can enhance problem-solving abilities and improve decision-making skills.
- Discipline and Responsibility: Learning to ride a horse requires discipline and responsibility. Riders must care for and groom their horses, which teaches important life skills such as commitment, patience, and empathy.
- Building Relationships: Horse riding fosters strong bonds between riders and their horses. Developing a connection with these intelligent animals teaches trust, communication, and respect. It also offers opportunities to build friendships with fellow riders.
- Outdoor Connection: Horse riding takes place in natural settings, allowing riders to connect with nature and enjoy fresh air and beautiful surroundings. It’s a great way to escape from technology and appreciate the outdoors.
- Focus and Concentration: Riding a horse requires focus and concentration. Learning to control and communicate with a horse helps improve attention span and cognitive skills.
- Physical and Mental Challenges: Horse riding presents challenges that encourage problem-solving and decision-making. Overcoming obstacles and mastering new skills boosts confidence and resilience.
- Relaxation: Spending time with horses and being in a natural outdoor environment can have a calming and relaxing effect, reducing stress and promoting a sense of well-being.
It’s important to note that these benefits may vary depending on the intensity and duration of the horse riding lessons. Nonetheless, horse riding provides a unique combination of physical exercise, mental engagement, and emotional connection with the animals and nature, contributing to a well-rounded and enjoyable experience.
Best Places for Horse Riding Lessons in Dubai
1. Desert Palm Horse Center(After Dragon Mart on Hatta-Oman Road)
Riders of all abilities should consider joining Desert Palm Equestrian Centre, one of Dubai’s most well-liked riding organizations. Desert Palm, complete with lush green paddocks, features 45 specially chosen horses that were imported from the UK. A group of knowledgeable trainers certified by the British Horse Society or a comparable organization oversees them. You may also refuel and unwind at the on-site coffee shop.
For more details : https://desertpalmdubai.com/
2. Stables Al Jiyad (Al Qudra Road, just before Bab Al Shams Resort)
This Emirati-owned and -operated stable radiates genuine passion and joy for riding horses. Al Jiyad Stables, which was founded in 1989, has a long history of hosting horseback riding events in Dubai and is also accredited by the Emirates Equestrian Federation. These stables are situated near to the stunning Al Qudra on the lovely desert dunes of the Al Saih Al Salam Nature Reserve. Learn the exquisite sport of horseback riding in Dubai, where the pupils are led on lessons that resemble desert hacks in the desert. The establishment also sells riding supplies.
For more details : http://www.aljiyadstables.com/
3. Emirates Equestrian Center (Near Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa on the Dubai-Al Ain (E66) Road, Exit 37)
One of the Dubai riding schools that has received full BHS approval is Emirates Equestrian Club Emirates Equestrian Centre is first on our list of places where you may take riding lessons in Dubai. The riding school takes great pride in being the only center in the Middle East with full approval from the British Horse Society. Riders of all skill levels, from novice to expert, can take horseback riding lessons in Dubai at the Emirates Equestrian Center.
For more details: https://www.emiratesequestriancentre.com/
4. The Al Habtoor Riding Academy (Habtoor Polo Club and Resort;)
This horse riding school in Dubai has lovely grounds and stables designed in the Andalusian style, and it is housed in the magnificent Al Habtoor Polo Club and Resort. With experienced horses and understanding instructors, pupils have plenty of room to learn in the two floodlit arenas. For both children and adults who wish to learn how to ride horses, Dubai offers a variety of alternatives, including group and private classes. There is a riding track and a cross-country course available for the more skilled.
For more details: https://www.alhabtoorpoloclub.com/
5. Al Dhabi Horses and Camel Rentals (Al Safa 2)
For individuals with little expertise, Al Dhabi Center’s horseback riding lessons in Dubai are the best. This is one of the horse riding facilities in Dubai that is suitable for novices, and it is located near Umm Suqeim Model School. The facility offers beginning through intermediate instruction in walking and trotting your horse.
For more details:https://aldhabigroup.com/
6. Winners Equestrian Centre (Mushrif Park)
Previously known as Mushrif Equestrian Center, this riding school for horses. The facility is located in the sizable Mushrif Park and has now changed its name to Winners Equestrian Centre. Winners offers horseback riding instruction, forest rides, and special events in Dubai with its 30 ponies and horses. Keep an eye out for Ferrari, the resident donkey! You can practice horseback riding in the serene Ghaf forest while getting up close and personal with various animals.
For more details: https://winnersequestrian.com/
7. Al Jumooh Stables (Dubai, Al Awir)
Another well-known source of horseback riding instruction in Dubai is this stable near Al Aweer. For riders of all skill levels, they provide a variety of horseback riding programs in Dubai, as well as lessons in endurance riding, livery, farrier, horse carriage, and other topics. It is strongly advised to use the trainers. They provide both individual lessons and multi-class packages.
For more details: https://aljumooh.ae/
8. Equestrian Association for Determined People (Al Awir Road (E44), near the Desert Palm Resort & Hotel)
For those with grit, we recommend horseback riding courses in Dubai! The Equestrian Association offers therapeutic horseback riding training exclusively for children and teenagers with special needs. Children will benefit from this by becoming more flexible, strong, and self-assured while still having fun. There are no set lesson periods because the lesson plans and activities are created with each kid in the group in mind. Instead, children are grouped according to their age and ability.
For more details: https://www.eapd-dubai.ae/
9. Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club: (Al Qudra Rd – next to 7477 – Arabian Ranches – Dubai Studio City – Dubai)
Known as a top equestrian destination, this club offers fantastic riding lessons for children. They have experienced trainers who guide young riders through different levels, from basic horsemanship to show jumping. The club also organizes fun events and competitions, promoting friendship among budding equestrians.
For more details: https://www.poloclubdubai.com/
10. Al Ahli Horse Riding Club: (Amman St – opposite to LuLu Center – Al Qusais – Al Nahda 1 – Dubai)
This club provides a nurturing environment for kids to develop their riding skills. Their trainers are experienced and focus on building a strong foundation in dressage, jumping, and endurance riding. They also offer pony rides for younger children, introducing them to the joy of horse riding from an early age.
11. Jebel Ali Equestrian Club:
Situated in beautiful surroundings, this club offers various riding programs for children. They cater to all levels, from beginners to advanced riders in different disciplines. They also organize enjoyable camps during school breaks, providing an immersive equestrian experience.
12. Meydan (Nad Al Sheba – Dubai)
Meydan is another notable destination for horse riding in Dubai. Meydan is a world-class equestrian facility that offers exceptional opportunities for both professional riders and enthusiasts of all ages. With its state-of-the-art infrastructure and stunning surroundings, Meydan is a popular choice for those seeking a unique horse riding experience.
For more details : https://www.dubairacingclub.com/
13. Dubai City Stable (Al Dhabi Horse Riding Farm No. 399, Emirates Road E611)
Dhabi Farm & Stable serves as the hub for our exhilarating desert adventures, providing a base for all our activities. Situated on the 611 near the Al Aweer District, within the Dubai Desert farming community, its location on the outskirts of the Dubai/Sharjah desert makes it an ideal starting point for unforgettable horse and camel desert treks. This distinctive feature sets us apart.
For more details: https://dubaicitystable.com/
14. Al Ali Stables (Dubai-Al Ain road E66, Al Ruwayyah )
Al Ali Stables is a well-established equestrian facility in Dubai that offers a range of horse riding programs and services. Located in Al Ruwayyah, this stable provides a picturesque setting and a welcoming atmosphere for riders of all ages and skill levels.
For more details: https://www.horseridingindubaialalistable.com/
Dubai’s horse riding schools offer fantastic opportunities for children to enjoy an exciting after-school activity. These schools provide expert guidance, excellent facilities, and well-trained horses to nurture your child’s equestrian skills. Horse riding not only develops discipline and responsibility but also creates a special connection between children and these amazing animals. So, why not let your child explore their equestrian potential and embark on a wonderful journey with horses?
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs on Places for Horse Riding Lessons in Dubai
How much does horseback riding cost in Dubai?
The cost of horseback riding in Dubai can vary based on factors such as the duration, type of activity, location, and specific facility. Prices generally range from around 100 AED to 500 AED per hour. It’s best to contact individual riding schools or stables for accurate and up-to-date pricing information. Additional costs may apply for equipment rental or specific requirements
What are the horse activities?
Horse activities include riding lessons, dressage, endurance riding, eventing, reining, show jumping, tent pegging, vaulting, polo, horse racing, driving, and rodeo, and horse therapy. Each activity offers unique experiences and challenges for riders of different skill levels.
Is horse riding an activity?
Yes, horse riding is considered an activity. It involves riding on the back of a horse and engaging in various equestrian disciplines such as leisure riding, show jumping, dressage, trail riding, and more
What are the benefits of horse riding?
Here are the key benefits of horse riding activity:
Physical fitness: Improves balance, coordination, and strength.
Emotional well-being: Reduces stress and boosts mood.
Confidence building: Enhances self-confidence and self-esteem.
Responsibility and discipline: Teaches accountability and dedication.
Connection with nature: Enjoying outdoor environments and fresh air.
Focus and concentration: Improves attention span and mental focus.
Problem-solving skills: Enhances decision-making abilities.
Social interaction: Provides opportunities to meet and connect with others.
Enjoyment and fun: Provides a fulfilling and enjoyable activity.
How to learn horse riding in UAE?
To learn horse riding in the UAE, find a reputable riding school, enroll in lessons, practice regularly, and seek guidance from experienced instructors.
What is the most popular horse activity?
One of the most popular horse activities is trail riding, where riders explore and enjoy scenic outdoor trails on horseback.
What is the best age to start horse riding lessons?
The best age to start horse riding lessons can vary depending on the individual’s physical and emotional development. Generally, children around the age of 6 or 7 are considered suitable to begin introductory riding lessons, as they have better coordination and can follow instructions. However, it’s essential to consider the child’s comfort level and readiness to engage in the activity.
Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai: Tourist visa extension in Dubai has become simpler thanks to the UAE government's online services. Here's what you need to know about Tourist Visa Extension in...
Consequences of Failing to Repay a Loan in the UAE When you borrow money in the UAE and can't pay it back, things can get serious. From legal issues to financial penalties, there are important...