When your Emirates ID is due for renewal, Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) will send you a notification via SMS requesting you to renew your ID card. You have 30 days to renew your Emirates ID from the date of expiry. If you have not renewed your Emirates ID you will have to pay AED AED 20 as late fines per day with a maximum of AED 1000.
UAE residence visa holders can only apply for renewal when their residence visa is renewed or reissued. However, UAE nationals can apply for renewal of Emirates ID between six and one month before the expiry date.
To register your details please visit to the Amer centre or the typing centre and follow the same as new emirates ID application . You might need to visit one of FAIC’s service centres or preventive medical centres to provide your biometric details only if required during the renewal process.
You may also visit to the official Emirates ID services website https://eform.emiratesid.ae and register yourself as new user.
Your user name is the email address you chose. You need to provide your UAE phone number to which an OTP will be sent for verification.
After this, an email with a randomly created password will be sent to the registered email address.
Use this password to log in to your account and don’t forget to change the password to something that you can remember easily.
- Login in to your Emirates ID services website
- Click on Renew your ID Card
- Enter in your details accurately (name, numbers, expiry dates etc)
- Enter IDN number is the one on your card itself, while UID or Unified ID number is on your visa page in the passport. While entering each of these numbers, spaces or hyphens will appear automatically
- Enter the residency file number in your visa page as well. While entering this, the format in the form requires you to put in a zero that is not there in your number – like this xxx-xxxx-0-xxxxxxx. Count out the digits to make sure you’re entering this correctly.
- While giving your name details, if you don’t have a family name, your last name becomes your family name. The family name is a required field, so this makes sure your name appears as it should.
- You can save your application to come back to it later. After the first time you hit ‘Save’, you will get a unique application number which can then be used as reference for all the queries you have.
- In case you made a mistake or an error and submitted, immediately call 600530003 and let them know. They will return the application to you in 24 hours to enable updates or changes for free. Note: Once your card is issued, changes become harder and more expensive.In case of any doubt at any point, call 600530003 and talk to the customer representative. Make sure each required field is completed correctly.
- Submit and print/save
- Once you submit, an online payment portal opens up. After payment, your application is on its way to the ICA (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship).
- Print out the application and save a soft copy as well.
In some companies, family visas are taken care by the HR department , In this case you may also submit your application form, passport copy, Emirates ID copy, insurance card copy, medical report and two passport photos to your HR team or PRO.
The EIDA procedure requires detailed sponsor information as well, so this is best done through the company than by the employee.
In case, you are asked to do this on your own, call 600530003 before heading out. Collect all required sponsor documents or data beforehand and submit those along with your documents at an EIDA office close to you.
Collection of Renewed Emirates ID
Once approved and submitted, your Emirates ID will become available for collection at a post office of your choice or your company’s post box (if that’s what you mentioned in the application). You will notified by SMS when the card is ready for collection.
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...