How to Register your Company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)?
Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. It is segregated on the basis of industries, commercialised space, educational institutes, residential and public facilities.
DSO serves as a technology hub, being home to IT, online, industrial and research and development businesses. Dubai Silicon Oasis hosts Dubai digital park a state-of-the-art working spaces and residences, ready to move in. It has a lot to offer for its residents: over 80 restaurants, shops, a shopping mall, schools and a hospital.
The free zone offers a broad range of business support services, startup incubation, and venture capital funding schemes. Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the most attractive and advantageous free zones in Dubai, as it offers outstanding infrastructure and has now roads that connect to major highways of Dubai. These can be simply some of the reasons that business setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis is having a name of its own.
The packages are incredibly cost-effective, Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the best free zones for business setups. Company formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis would definitely be a rewarding decision and the process is simple, requiring minimal paperwork and takes less than a week to get your licence to start your business in DSO.
Please note that if you wish to operate from a property that is not directly owned by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority but by a private developer/owner in a private development which are found within the freehold/leasehold areas of DSO then you will need to apply to DSOA’s Freehold Licensing Section.
Company Structures at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Company formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis offer the below structures:
- Free Zone Company (FZCO): An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individuals/corporate.
- Free Zone Establishment: An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
- Branch Office:Any established company, whether in the UAE or abroad, can register its branch in DSO. The stated business activity that will be conducted in DSO must be identical to the activity conducted by the parent company.
Types of Licenses Available for Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) Company Registration:
Dubai Silicon Oasis company formation offers three primary types of licences:
- Trade License: to carry out trading activities including import, export, re-export, distribution, and storage of specific products.
- Service Licence: enables an entity to provide services specified in the license
- Industrial License: entitles the holder to carry out light manufacturing industrial activities, packaging and assembling.
Business Activities Permitted in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone follows the business activity list mentioned below:
- Waste Management
Facilities offered at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Dubai Silicon Oasis has the following types of facilities:
- Premium industrial units
- Office spaces
- Workstations (subject to availability)
- Dubai digital park offices
- Techno Hub
Advantages of Company Set up in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
The key benefits of establishing a company in Dubai Silicon Oasis are:
- Full ownership of companies
- The company set up process is easy, straightforward and fast.
- There is no requirement for minimum capital investment.
- 100% direct tax free
- Leasing Options
- No restriction on currency
- Smart services platform
- 100% repatriation of capital & profits
- Developed Zone with offices and residential area
- Affordable office rent
- Modern facility
- Strategic Business location
- There are no corporate or personal income taxes
- Innovative Infrastructures
- Easy to sponsor dependants.
Documents Required to Register Company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
The documents required for a company formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis are :
- An application form for business setup in DSO Authorities
- Passport copies of Shareholders, managers and secretary
- A description of the company’s activities
- The company’s articles of association.
- Business Plan
- Board resolution
- Manager’s specimen signature
Steps to be followed on registering the company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Following steps to be considered while registering your company in Dubai Silicon Oasis:
- Decide on a company name
- Decide on business activity to obtain the license form the DSO List
- Submit the application form
- Fee Payment & Legal Document Submission
- Sign E-Agreement & Share Capital Letter is applicable for (FZE/FZCO only)
- Get an initial approval from the authority
- Issue E-Agreement
- Get an office space
- Apply for the UAE Residence Visa
- Open a Corporate Bank Account
Cost of setting up a company in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO):
The cost of setting up business in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) would start from approximate 20,000 AED however it may depend on other requirement such as your location, business activities, company size, operational costs and the package you select for your company formation. The best part about company formation in the DSO is that there aren’t any hidden costs. Therefore, you can analyze the various options available and the associated costs to finalize the one that matches your budget constraints.
To make it easier, once you have your business plan ready in your hand, you can always take help from the expert business setup consultants in Dubai UAE, who will help you with every step of the process, from choosing a business activity and company name to registering with the relevant authorities, easily opening corporate bank accounts and processing visa applications.
Best Moving Companies in Dubai Moving to a new home or relocating can be a stressful job. But you don't have to worry too much because there are professional movers in Dubai who can help. These...
The Best Grocery Apps in Dubai We all know that feeling when going to the store for groceries feels like a big chore. In today's fast-paced world, going grocery shopping can be a bit of a hassle,...