UAE residents who have been stuck outside UAE or are stranded in other countries, can now return to the UAE. However, during their enforced stay outside UAE, visas of many residents have either expired or have stayed outside the country for over six months. So, if you are a UAE resident visa holder who has been stuck outside the UAE, and are concerned whether your visa is still valid, here is how you can check your its validity online.
By the end of this article you will understand how easy it is to check the visa validity through GDFRA or ICA online.
There are 2 methods where you can check the validity of your UAE residence visa online :
- Through GDFRA website (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA)
- Through ICA website (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship)
1. Checking the Visa Validity through General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai
- Step 1: Visit the link – https://amer.gdrfad.gov.ae/visa-inquiry
- Step 2: Select the option for the ‘residence’ visa and Enter the details as requested
- Enter your visa number. This is mentioned under the ‘File’ section of the visa stamped on your passport ( refer visa page in your passport).
- Enter your details like your first name as per your passport, nationality and date of birth dd-mm-yyyy format and check the box to verify yourself as a user. Then, click ‘Submit’.
If your visa is valid, you will be able to see the status as ‘issued’ by the system.
2. Checking the Visa Validity through Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA):
If your visa has been issued by any other emirate, apart from Dubai, you can check the visa validity by logging on to the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
- Step 1: Visit the link – https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity
Select “Change Language” and click on English
- Step 2: Choose whether you wish to check the visa validity using your visa’s file number or passport number.
a. Checking the visa validity through file number:
- Step 3: Select the Residency option to check your residence visa validity and then Enter the details as requested as file type Emirates Unified number ( you can also check the details by entering your file number or Emirates ID number), nationality, Date of birth. Check the box to verify yourself as a user. Then, click ‘Search’.
b. Checking the visa validity through Passport Number:
- Select the Residency option to check your residence visa validity and then, Enter the details like your passport number, expiry date and nationality. Check the box to verify yourself as a user. Then, click ‘Search’.
If your visa is valid, you will able to see the status as ‘active’ by the system.
Difference between UAE Green Visa and Golden Visa From October 3, a new visa system will be in place in the UAE, which includes the Green Visa. The Green Visa in the UAE provides unique...
Company formation in DIFC Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai Government conceived of the Dubai International Financial Centre DIFC as the world's first and only fully functional financial...