How do you get Birth certificate in Dubai?
Birth of a child is a moment of great joy for the parents and the family of the new born. One of the first requirements is to obtain a Passport for the child. But in order to get a passport you need to get a birth certificate to be submitted to the respective consulate.
Here is an article on How do you get birth certificate in DUBAI?
After the birth of your child, do not rush to get the birth certificate. Wait till your wife and child have been discharged from the hospital and you have had a few days’ time to finalize a name for your child, before you proceed to get the birth certificate. However, do keep in mind that the maximum period to register your child’s birth is 30 days in UAE.
If the parents are of different nationalities, the child will adopt the nationality of the father.
The hospital where your baby was delivered, will issue a ‘notification of birth’ certificate in Arabic. Government hospitals will issue birth certificate as a next step.
However, for babies born in private hospitals, parents will need to apply to the Department of Health in Abu Dhabi or the Ministry of Health and Prevention in all other for a birth certificate by presenting the birth notification.
A translator will type your application at the hospital.
What are the Documents required to get the birth certificate in UAE?
Regardless of the emirate where the birth took place, these are the documents you would need to submit:
- Electronic notification of birth from the hospital at which the child was delivered
- Original marriage certificate
- Copies and originals of the parents’ passports
- Discharge summary from Hospital
- Copies and originals of Parent’s Emirates Ids
In the case of a birth inside the UAE while the father is outside the country or a non-resident of the UAE, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- Declaration from the wife stating the continuity of the marriage.
- Attested copy of the husband’s passport or a letter from the embassy indicating the nationality of the father or a statement from the husband confirming the paternity of the child, attested by his country’s embassy and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Can I apply online for the birth certificate in UAE?
Yes, you can apply online and the hospital at which you gave birth can also facilitate the process, as an add-on service.
Abu Dhabi – Department of Health
In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for a birth certificate online by visiting: https://www.tamm.abudhabi/en/aspects-of-life/visaemiratesid/personaldocuments/BirthCertificates/requesttoissueanewbornbirthcertificate
Other Emirates: Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP)
MOHAP issues birth certificates for births registered in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah. You can visit any of the service centres mentioned below:
MOHAP service centre locations:
- Preventive Medicine Center – Dubai
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Al Ghubaiba
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Al Dhaid
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Khorfakkan
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Dibba Al Hisn
- Preventive Medicine Center – Sharjah – Kalba
- Preventive Medicine Center – Ajman
- Preventive Medicine Center – Umm Al Quwain
- Preventive Medicine Center – Ras Al Khaimah
- Preventive Medicine Center – Fujairah
- Service “1” Center – Emirates Towers
- Kuwaiti Hospital – Dubai
- Al Qasimi Hospital for Women and Children – Sharjah
- Al Dhaid Hospital – Sharjah
- Khorfakkan Hospital – Sharjah
- Kalba Hospital – Sharjah
- Sheikh Khalifa Hospital for Women and Children – Ajman
- Umm Al Quwain Hospital – UAQ
- Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital
- Saqr Hospital – Ras Al Khaimah
- Abdullah Bin Omran Hospital – Ras Al Khaimah
- Fujairah Hospital – Fujairah
- Dibba Hospital – Fujairah
Applying online through MOHAP website
You can also apply for a birth certificate by visiting the following link: https://www.mohap.gov.ae/en/services/issue-a-birth-certificate
Attestation of the birth Certificate
The birth certificate would then need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. This can be done by applying for the attestation through a typing centre or by visiting a notary public.
Beware there are brokers who might try and lure you with service. Do not budge. Do it yourself so you will know what the procedure is(for the next time…).
You can do all these procedures within a day if you start early. I have not mentioned about the charges since they might vary.
Disclaimer: Please note that these procedures were true at the time I did this for my kid. You are requested to check with the relevant authority. I, in no way will be held responsible for any changes in the procedures at the current time.
Dubai is a great place with lot of benefits for business Owners. Setting up any businesses in Dubai is the go-to-decision for investors around the world that are looking for new opportunities. UAE...
How to apply for a Golden Visa for High School Students in Dubai? According to GDRFA, a high school student with outstanding academic performance can now apply for a ‘Golden Visa for Outstanding...