As we all aware that domestic workers in UAE need to be hired through the registered agencies or applying for their work permit through the Ministry of Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).
If your domestic worker fails to complete his or her job, or leaves the job without notice you can file a complaint within five days of the domestic worker’s absence via the following channels:
- MOHRE’s smart app ‘MOHRE UAE’ or its website mohre.gov.ae
- Recruitment offices
- Tawseel vehicles
According to MOHRE, the complaints are processed within 14 working days.
How to file an absconding complaint against worker?
1. Select a service ‘Register a labor complaint (domestic workers)’
2. Provide your details as a sponsor as well as the work permit number of the worker.
3. Enter the complaint details.
4. Add attachments (optional).
What are Your duties towards domestic workers in UAE?
Federal Law No. 10 of 2017 on Domestic Workers provides a detailed list of an employer’s responsibilities. Article 15 of the law states that the employer should:
1. Provide the requirements for the performance of work agreed upon.
2. Prepare a decent accommodation for the worker.
3. Provide the worker’s needs of meals and clothing suitable for the performance of work as long as he/she works full-time and not on the basis of the temporary employment system, unless otherwise agreed.
4. Bear the cost of the worker’s medical treatment in accordance with the health regulation in force in the state.
5. Treat the worker in a good manner that preserves his/her dignity and the safety of hi/hers body.
6. Not permit the worker to engage in any work with a third party, except in accordance with the conditions and rules stipulated in the implementing regulations of this Law, and not employ any of his/her workers unless the latter is authorised to work in accordance with the provisions of this Law and its Implementing Regulations.
7. Pay the necessary compensation resulting from occupational injuries and occupational diseases in accordance with the tables of compensation attached to the law in force regulating the employment relationships, unless the insurance company pays this compensation.
8. Not employ a worker in a profession that is different from the nature of his/her work unless with his/her consent and provided that it is one of the professions covered by this Law.
9. Guarantee the right of the worker to retain his/her evidentiary documents.
10. Grant the heirs of the worker who dies during service the comprehensive wage for the month in which he/she died, and any other entitlements thereto.
11. Not receive, in person or through his/her intermediaries, any sums or any remuneration, unless provided for in this Law, the Implementing Regulations or the contract model approved by the Ministry.
12. Notify the Ministry of any violation by the Worker of the regulations in force. The Employer must comply with the Ministry’s requests in these cases.
If you need more information on your rights and responsibilities as an employer, you may reach MOHRE’s call centre on 600 590000.
Company formation at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): Dubai Silicon Oasis is one of the large businesses and residential communities in Dubai. The DSO is segregated on the basis of industries,...
Company formation in Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT) Dubai: This free zone was established in 2002, and nowadays thousands of companies from various countries have chosen the option of the JLT company...