Obtaining Maid Visa – Procedures in Dubai
Table of Contents
Maid Visa is a visa that is required for sponsoring residency permit for Domestic Helpers. Maid Visa as the name suggests, is only meant for females.
Maid’s visa can be sponsored by a person (Specially head of the family). However, men or women can sponsor whose monthly salary is more than 6K or 5K plus accommodation are eligible to sponsor maid’s visa.
This option is open to families that live in Dubai. To sponsor Maid’s Visa, sponsor should have a valid UAE residence visa. Maid’s nationality can only be India, Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Ethiopia. Also note that maid or nanny can be sponsored only married people and not bachelors or single.
The process of sponsoring Maid is vary from one emirate to other emirate in UAE.
For detailed and latest process you may visit the respective immigration. This article will provide you the overall required documentation and process.
Note: When sponsoring the full time house maid in Dubai, the sponsor has to bear the airfare to their home country.
Documents required for sponsoring House Maid visa or servant visa
- Passport copy of the Sponsor with Valid Residence Stamp
- Attested Labour Contract for those who work in private sector OR sponsor’s original Salary Certificate in Arabic for those whose visas are direct from immigration.
- Attested Tenancy Contract by Ejari. Minimum two bed-room apartment is required.
- Passport copy of Maid (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months).
- Recent passport size photo with white background (at least 4).
- Affidavit from respective Embassy/Consulate certifying non-relationship, if maid is from same country of sponsor.
- Application duly filled from authorized typing centre.
Note: Carry these documents with you whenever you make a trip to immigration.
Procedure/Steps to apply Housemaid Visa
There are basically 3 steps in obtaining residence visa for maid.
- Entry Permit
- Medical Check up/Emirates ID/Labour Contract
- Residence Visa stamping
Entry Permit for maids:
In order for you to apply for UAE residency visa for the maid, she will need to enter the country. This is why you will apply for Entry Permit.
- Go to the authorized typing center and get the maid visa application typed.
- You will have to pay AED 110 plus typing charges. If you want it urgent you will have to pay additional 100 Dirhams.
- Submit the typed application to the Immigration or General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai to get the entry permit.
- Pay AED 2,000 along with typed application as a deposit
- Send the original or copy of the visa(Entry Permit) to the Maid. If you are sending copy please deposit the original in Visa Desk at the Airport.
Medical check for maid
After entering UAE you need to take your maid to medical fitness tests in any of visa recognized government medical center. Medical test to be done within 30 days after the maid arrival into Dubai.
All maids will have to be screened for HIV, Hepatitis B, Pregnancy, Syphilis, TB and Leprosy.
The 3 doses for Hepatitis B vaccination will be given. One immediately, followed by one month and booster after six months.
All maids will have to do Blood Test plus X-Ray.
After completing the medical tests the medical fitness results will be sent to DNRD electronically. The sponsor will get and SMS with this regard on the mobile phone. And may proceed for further process.
After getting the medical result take your maid to submit the fingerprints and application to the Emirates ID authorized center.
This is the official contract between you(sponsor) and the employee(maid). This will list the terms including the salary that is to be paid on a monthly basis.
- Sponsor must declare to the officer what salary you propose to pay your maid as this will be entered into the contract.
- It is preferable to take your maid with your to save time.
- Sponsor will receive 3 printouts of the unified contract which is to be signed by sponsor and Maid.
- Request Maid to sign the contract.
- The same is to be counter signed by the Officer.
- The Officer will give two copies of the contract one to be given to the Maid and one to be given Sponsor.
- Go to the immigration with the following documents to stamp the residency visa on Maid’s Passport:
- Stamped and signed employment permit
- AED 5,100 annual Cost for Residency stamp on Passport
- Medical Report of Maid
- Original Passport of Maid
- Original Passport of Sponsor
- Salary certificate or labour contract of Sponsor
- Tenancy Contract
- Contract signed by Maid and Sponsor
- A residency stamp with one-year will be placed in your maid’s Passport and domestic worker Card.
- Your deposit of AED 2000 which you have kept with immigration while applying for entry permit will only be refunded when your housemaid permanently leaves the country. Keep all records of Maids visa plus sticker which is issued from immigration. The same can be use this to get a refund or show it to the residency officer as proof of deposit in any case.
To get the National ID or Emirates ID, you need to show the residency stamp to the typist to update the application or call EIDA and give them residency number.
Renewal of Maid Visa:
On a mutually agreed terms and if the servant would like to renew the visa, you will need to do the following procedure to renew the maid’s visa.
- Go to the authorized typing center at the DNRD or UAE immigration Department and type the application for the renewal of Maid’s Residence Visa.
- Pay an amount of AED 5,100 for the renewal which is a annual cost of Maid’s Residence visa. In case if you want on urgent basis you need to pay an additional amount of AED 100.
- Go to the authorized government hospital for the medical tests for Visa.
- Submit renewal application along with the medical fitness result to immigration or DNRD branch.
- The officer from DNRD will issue three contracts which is to be signed by sponsor and Maid. (It is always better to take your maid).
After submitting all the necessary documents you will receive the domestic worker card plus passport of maid with necessary residence visa stamped.
Cancellation of Maid Visa
If you are not satisfied with the performance of the maid or you would like to terminate maid visa, you may do so at any point in time of visa validity. Follow the below process:
- You need to go to the authorized typing center at the DNRD or immigration department and ask the typist to type the residence visa cancellation for Maid.
- You will need to submit the copy of the maid’s passport and a one way ticket for the maid to her home country along with the sponsor’s passport and Maid’s Domestic Card/Labour Card.
- Go to the immigration and submit the typed application form/Maid’s original Passport and original Labour Card or Domestic Card, One way air ticket and sponsor’s Passport to receive the visa cancellation form.
- After getting the cancellation form take maid to the airport on departure day along with cancellation form, original passport of Maid .
- Submit one visa cancellation form at the DNATA cancellation counter and obtain the sticker. One to be used to get the refund of deposit of AED 2,000.
- Check in maid and obtain boarding pass at the airport.
Every Country(origin of the Maid) has its own rules and regulation regarding the salary and age criteria. It is always better to check with the consulate or embassy.
- Do not lose the receipt for the deposit. This is a cumbersome task get the refund in case you lose the original. However it is possible.
- The fees mentioned above may change depending on the time and emirate of your residence. You are requested to be careful and not take this article as final.
- Sponsor may need to obtain E-gate card in Dubai.
- The procedure to apply for maid visa is similar in other emirate as well. However, the requirement for documents might change.
Hope you find these procedures for applying for maid visa helpful.
Dubai Job Tips and UAE Labour Law!
When you are an Emirates Diary Subscriber, you will get simple and easy to follow Job Tips for Dubai and Learn UAE Labour Law, for FREE!!