Health card in Dubai
Table of Contents
- Health card in Dubai
- Why do you require Health Card?
- How do I apply for a Health Card?
- What are the documents required to apply for Health Card in Dubai?
- Where can I apply for Health Card in Dubai?
- Registration form for Manual Application for Health Card
- What are the costs of Health Card?
- I already have a company issued insurance coverage. Do I still need Health Card? What are the benefits of health card?
- Can I apply online for a Health Card?
Abu Dhabi has made it mandatory for companies to provide health insurance to their employees. Without insurance, visa will not be stamped for Expatriates. However, Dubai till now has not made it mandatory to have health insurance for employees. This is most often an additional facility provided to the employees. Many are luck enough to have Health Card or Insurance Coverage.
Why do you require Health Card?
Health Card is issued by Dubai Government to provide low cost alternative for providing medical services at Dubai based Government Hospitals like Dubai Hospital, Latifa Hospital, Rashid Hospital, Baraha Hospital and so on. The health card can also be used at Government clinics.
How do I apply for a Health Card?
Applying for Health Card is easy! You will need to collect the Application form for Health Card at any public hospital. You will then need to type the application in Arabic and submit to the hospital with necessary documents(mentioned below). Health Card is valid for a year and is renewable.
What are the documents required to apply for Health Card in Dubai?
- Passport Copy(Take copies of all relevant pages)(It is better to take original Passport).
- Visa Copy
- Visa Application copy(If you are applying for health card during your visa stamping process).
- Emirates ID.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- Letter from your employer with the request.
- Completed application form in Arabic.
- Tenancy contract for Non-local patients.
Where can I apply for Health Card in Dubai?
You can apply for health card at:
- Dubai Hospital
- Rashid Hospital
- Latifa Hospital
What are the costs of Health Card?
SL No Category Cost 1 EXPATRAITE Health Card FEES FROM 0 UPTO 10 YEARS 110 2 EXPATRAITE Health Card FEES FROM 10 UPTO 18 YEARS 210 3 EXPATRAITE Health Card FEES FROM 18 YEARS AND ABOVE 310 4 NATIONAL Health Card FEES FROM 0 UPTO 10 YEARS 25 5 NATIONAL Health Card FEES FROM 10 UPTO 18 YEARS 60 6 NATIONAL Health Card FEES FROM 18 YEARS AND ABOVE 110
I already have a company issued insurance coverage. Do I still need Health Card? What are the benefits of health card?
Answer is both Yes and No. It is upto you to decide. Normally private insurance companies have a lot of fine print in their policies. They may not cover certain serious illnesses such as Chemo Therapy and other complicated treatments. In such cases, your only dependency would be a Health Card. It is highly recommended that you apply for a Health Card Now. I have also heard of reports of increase in the costs for health card in Dubai. So you better hurry up.
Can I apply online for a Health Card?
Yes. Dubai Government’s IT savvyness means most of their services are online. Visit Dubai Health Authority website to Apply for Health Card online.
Dubai Job Tips and UAE Labour Law!
When you are an Emirates Diary Subscriber, you will get simple and easy to follow Job Tips for Dubai and Learn UAE Labour Law, for FREE!!